Television coverage:
    NFL Network

Watch online:

WiZiWiG.tv

VIPBox.eu

BossCast.net
    Feed2All.eu
    FirstRowUs1.eu

Before watching any streams please READ THIS important message.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Three things really got under my skin about this game....

1.) The outcome.

Well played game by The Raiders. But Terrible execution of simple tasks by The Chiefs.

2.) Absolute failure by Alex Smith (Specific play)

I believe it was third & goal after the muffed punt where he was looking for Bowe, who was as wide open as you can get, in the endzone, right in front of Alex's face. The announcers tried to tell me that there was nobody open, but Bowe had all the separation you could ever hope for on that play, and Smith missed a routine, gravy-train TD, and settled for a FG.

3.) The PI call against Parker on 3rd and 9, in the game-winning drive by The Raiders.

I get how the mistake was made by the refs. But that was, as 'textbook' obvious a case of offensive PI as has ever existed.

Parker had position, and was watching the ball in for an easy catch, when Holmes uses one arm, and then the other to shove Parker out of the way..... Meanwhile Parker was entirely guilty of.... getting shoved out of the way.

Again.... The announcers played stupid. But it was definitely a mistake by the refs. And quite a costly one.

Basically, The Chiefs played poorly, and got beat up front from both sides of the ball. A real shock to the confidence level. But I stand with Parker. This was not his fault. He played no more poorly than the team did.
    Parker sucks as a corner. He had one shut down game. But obviously other teams know how bad he is at corner because they gameplan on attacking him all game every game. Last night the ball went to Sean Smiths reciever how many times? 2-3?

on the Charles play...the defender definitely "impeded the receivers ability to catch the ball"......that would be the definition of defensive pass interference. I know the CHIEFS got away w/a hold on a bubble screen where we almost tackled the db that would have had a pik six. but I don't think that balanced them all out. why was there no excssive celebration on the CHIEFS last drive
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

Ticks me off Parker could have had a pick if the Wr hadn't been pushing off and Parker got flagged UGH

It's one of my pet peeves when they do this bs the wr is pushing off and they flag the defender
    Play sucks, but the chiefs had other chances to win this game. Only getting 3 points off the muffed punt was bad. Also, where's Yoda?

This morning watched "Red Zone" and Danan Hughes summed it up in one sentence; It was a faulty gameplan from the start. In the first half, instead of handing the ball to JC play after play after play, we should've taken some shots downfield and gone more aggressively after their secondary, and then ran JC like crazy in the third & fourth quarters.

We'll get another shot at the Raiders. Next time I don't see Carr having the luxury of audibles.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Play sucks, but the chiefs had other chances to win this game. Only getting 3 points off the muffed punt was bad. Also, where's Yoda?
    Yes the Chiefs had other chances but at the end of the day this was the game winning drive a 3rd down play the chiefs DID STOP THEM. They forced what would have been a plus 40 yard field goal try to TIE the game. Without this they would have never taken the lead. Oakland made mistakes to they got help. It was a major impact in the game.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Ticks me off Parker could have had a pick if the Wr hadn't been pushing off and Parker got flagged UGH

It's one of my pet peeves when they do this bs the wr is pushing off and they flag the defender
    WOW!!!! I didn't realize just how BLATANT that was. This makes 2 years in a row that INCOMPETENCE on the part of the zebras has cost us a division game late in the season.

Three things really got under my skin about this game....

1.) The outcome.

Well played game by The Raiders. But Terrible execution of simple tasks by The Chiefs.
    Cut and dried. The raiders WANTED it more. Old saying...."NEVER CORNER A RAT."

2.) Absolute failure by Alex Smith (Specific play)

I believe it was third & goal after the muffed punt where he was looking for Bowe, who was as wide open as you can get, in the endzone, right in front of Alex's face. The announcers tried to tell me that there was nobody open, but Bowe had all the separation you could ever hope for on that play, and Smith missed a routine, gravy-train TD, and settled for a FG.
    I'm not arguing as I haven't studied replays of that play, but I recall that shortly after the play happened you mentioned the same thing in this thread and someone (I forget who) said that at the time Bowe was open Smith was running and had his back to Bowe. Are you sure that is not the case? Certainly Bowe was open for a few seconds, but Smith does not have eyes in the back of his head. Are you sure that Alex was actually in a position to see that Bowe was open? Honest question. Not at all intended to be argumentative.

3.) The PI call against Parker on 3rd and 9, in the game-winning drive by The Raiders.

I get how the mistake was made by the refs. But that was, as 'textbook' obvious a case of offensive PI as has ever existed.

Parker had position, and was watching the ball in for an easy catch, when Holmes uses one arm, and then the other to shove Parker out of the way..... Meanwhile Parker was entirely guilty of.... getting shoved out of the way.

Again.... The announcers played stupid. But it was definitely a mistake by the refs. And quite a costly one.
    Perhaps the most frustrating play of the entire game. This is the second year in a row that a TERRIBLE call by the zebras has cost us a division game late in the season. (Remember that late field goal attempt in last years sandifuego game where the zebras missed the illegal formation)

Basically, The Chiefs played poorly, and got beat up front from both sides of the ball. A real shock to the confidence level. But I stand with Parker. This was not his fault. He played no more poorly than the team did.
    Agreed. I really can't place the loss completely on Parker's shoulders having now seen that the PI call was not in fact a penalty on his part. Last night we cornered a rat and the rat wanted to live more than we wanted to kill him.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-21-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    on the Charles play...the defender definitely "impeded the receivers ability to catch the ball"......that would be the definition of defensive pass interference. I know the CHIEFS got away w/a hold on a bubble screen where we almost tackled the db that would have had a pik six. but I don't think that balanced them all out. why was there no excssive celebration on the CHIEFS last drive
    Quite right!!!! Would have given us a 1st down.

Raiders were all over our screen plays. Need to implement a new wrinkle. Fake screen to Charles one way, real screen is to other player the other way

Yes the Chiefs had other chances but at the end of the day this was the game winning drive a 3rd down play the chiefs DID STOP THEM. They forced what would have been a plus 40 yard field goal try to TIE the game. Without this they would have never taken the lead. Oakland made mistakes to they got help. It was a major impact in the game.
    If KC came in and played a complete game, that play probably never happens because KC is up by a bigger margin. You can blame the refs on the outcome all you want, but KC did not show up for a full half. 2 for 10 or something on third down, the weakest running offense just ran all over KC, the pass rush has gone away ....again for a 2nd straight year. Just like in MMA (don't let it go to the judges) don't make a game close where a call can change the outcome. No reason KC should be in that situation. score off the muffed punt, end that drive before Oakland's final drive with a TD and the game is over.