Thread: Dee Ford

Default Dee Ford

Anyone with any info on how he has been doing. I understand he has seriously struggled to take in this Bob Sutton defense. I predicted he would have double digit sacks...just think if we was getting pressure from Vance Walker and Ford??

Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    Anyone with any info on how he has been doing. I understand he has seriously struggled to take in this Bob Sutton defense. I predicted he would have double digit sacks...just think if we was getting pressure from Vance Walker and Ford??
    To be honest, I don't think he is even sniffing the field. When he has, he looked completely lost to the speed of the NFL. Walker is a sub for Poe and doing just fine in that role.

This is a learning season for Ford. So far this year he has 3 tackles and 1/2 a sack. You can find a bit more info about his playing this season here.... http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster/...-1feefe083c53/

*sigh*
    we could have drafted a player who helps us now. A guard, a corner, hell even a guy to line up next to DJ

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    *sigh*
    we could have drafted a player who helps us now. A guard, a corner, hell even a guy to line up next to DJ
    Reid and Dorsey are big believers in building for the LONG TERM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I'm guessing he's Hali's eventual replacement, but we could have done that the year when we let him go. We have enough holes that we could have picked someone who helps us now and later. Ford's not even getting reps. He'll be like a rookie next year

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    I'm guessing he's Hali's eventual replacement, but we could have done that the year when we let him go. We have enough holes that we could have picked someone who helps us now and later. Ford's not even getting reps. He'll be like a rookie next year
    That's how I see it. I mean, we drafted the guy with our 1st pick - with other spots desperately needing attention. I have to assume Ford was the BPA on Chiefs draft board. Normally significant play time for any teams 1st pick (except maybe qb). There is either a locker room problem or he is just not ready to play yet. If either is the case, in hindsight, we should have passed on him and took Kelvin Benjamin or one of the available corners.
    Last edited by Bike; 11-23-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Had to go to the bathroom.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    If that is the case, they would be finding chances for him to play and giving him experience. First round draft picks are expected to play their first year. We are getting more production out of our 3rd round pick than our first.