Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some more of those classy Raiders fans... Can't take losing to the Chiefs!

Default Some more of those classy Raiders fans... Can't take losing to the Chiefs!

Shootings occur in parking lots before, after Raiders game
    By Harry Harris and Kristin Bender
    MediaNews
    Article Launched: 10/22/2007 05:21:13 AM PDT

Four football fans tailgating Saturday night outside a Oakland Coliseum parking lot in preparation for Sunday's sold-out Raiders game were shot by suspected gang members who mistook them for rivals, police said. All the victims, including two brothers, were taken to local hospitals and are expected to recover, police said. Police said at least a dozen rounds were fired at the victims, who were all hit with bullets several times.
    In an unrelated incident Sunday, a man was shot in the upper thigh or groin area after the Raiders game, police said. The shooting happened in the 66th Avenue parking lot about 4:30 p.m., police said.
    After a brief foot chase, police detained the shooter and recovered the gun, said Alameda County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. J.D. Nelson. Detailed information regarding the shooting was not available late Sunday.
    The victims in Saturday night's shooting - whose names were not released - include two brothers, 23 and 17, both from Oakland, a 24-year-old Alamo man and a 23-year-old San Leandro man, police said.
    The shooting happened at 10:25 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Hegenberger Road near Baldwin Street. That area is a back entrance into Coliseum parking lots, and Oakland Raiders fans are known to park vehicles there and party in the days leading up to a home game.
    The Raiders played the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.
    Officer Jason Andersen said the four victims are not thought to be gang members. They were part of a larger group involved in a tailgate party, he said. "We were just kicking back," the 23-year-old Oakland man told police. "We always hang out (here) for Raiders games."
    Police said there may have been an event going on at a nearby event hall that attracted members of an Oakland street gang. There was no answer at the hall Sunday.
    Witnesses told police that several vehicles drove into the area where the shooting took place and stopped. Several men got out of one of the vehicles, yelled out a "gang name," and at least one man, and possibly others, began shooting at the tailgaters, Andersen said.
    The suspects then fled in the vehicles, and witnesses did not get a description of the shooter or shooters or the vehicle.
    Police said those shot had non-life-threatening injuries. The Alamo man was driven by friends to an Oakland hospital; ambulances took the other three victims to another local hospital.
    Police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland are offering up to $20,000 in reward money for information leading to the arrest of the suspects. Anyone with information should call police (925) 238-3426 or Crime Stoppers at (925) 238-6946.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_7248021

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Rather anyone sees the need, or not, it is a right. I think that everyone should be free to own a gun, and be charged with crimes, when they misuse a gun.
    I understand that it is a right, but I have plenty of rights that I don't feel the need to invoke every day just because I have them. I think the whole gun thing in the US is a mentality. People don't have carry and conceal permits here. Guys up north have rifles for hunting but I have never seen a handgun in Canada.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I understand that it is a right, but I have plenty of rights that I don't feel the need to invoke every day just because I have them. I think the whole gun thing in the US is a mentality. People don't have carry and conceal permits here. Guys up north have rifles for hunting but I have never seen a handgun in Canada.
    It is my opinion that all Americans should have the right to own fully-automatic weapons, if they WANT. Gun violence in the USA is generally the result of unregistered/illegal firearms.

Canada has less violence because it is too cold to go out all of the time, unlike southern California.

It is my opinion that all Americans should have the right to own fully-automatic weapons, if they WANT. Gun violence in the USA is generally the result of unregistered/illegal firearms.

Canada has less violence because it is too cold to go out all of the time, unlike southern California.
    Why not bazookas?? Tanks :armee_smilies132:Nuclear Warheads in every backyard. Where do you draw the line??

There are no guns here because Canadians aren't as annoying and no one wants to shoot us!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Wow, I've been asleep for awhile. Anyway, I agree. I think it's part of our society's mentality. I have to defend dumba$$ fader fan's(and everybody elses) right to shoot at people. It may not necessarily be a weapon problem, but a dumba$$ population problem in this country. Especially fader fans.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Wow, I've been asleep for awhile. Anyway, I agree. I think it's part of our society's mentality. I have to defend dumba$$ fader fan's(and everybody elses) right to shoot at people. It may not necessarily be a weapon problem, but a dumba$$ population problem in this country. Especially fader fans.
    So why have all the guns then?

So why have all the guns then?
    You got me. I don't own one. But I also don't need one because I live behind a fence. The military also let's me shoot every once in awhile if I feel like it.

Why not bazookas?? Tanks :armee_smilies132:Nuclear Warheads in every backyard. Where do you draw the line??

There are no guns here because Canadians aren't as annoying and no one wants to shoot us!!

I don't draw a line. And yes, why not? I am all about freedom. Those who like having less freedom are welcome to move away, or if you don't want freedom, then just pretend like you don't have it. But don't convince the government to strip me of my freedom, because you don't want me to have it.

I don't draw a line. And yes, why not? I am all about freedom. Those who like having less freedom are welcome to move away, or if you don't want freedom, then just pretend like you don't have it. But don't convince the government to strip me of my freedom, because you don't want me to have it.
    Whoa....I never said that you should be stripped of the right. I just don't think that individuals should feel the need to walk down the street with a gun strapped to their side. To me you have already lost the freedom to walk down the street and not worry about a bullet whizzing past your head. I don't pretend that I don't have freedom. I live on the greatest continent on earth. But I have a right to walk around everyday and not worry about someone with a gun walking by me and is the right I choose to exercise every day.

Whoa....I never said that you should be stripped of the right. I just don't think that individuals should feel the need to walk down the street with a gun strapped to their side. To me you have already lost the freedom to walk down the street and not worry about a bullet whizzing past your head. I don't pretend that I don't have freedom. I live on the greatest continent on earth. But I have a right to walk around everyday and not worry about someone with a gun walking by me and is the right I choose to exercise every day.

Safety is not a freedom, when living with others. If you impose rules to ensure your safety, then you have given up on freedom. You have taken it way from others, for your benefit.

Yes, freedom can be very dangerous. But, if everyone were allowed to cary a gun, then the thugs wouldn't be so bold to pick on others.

I feel as though we should have the right to feel safe, as long as we can make ourself safe. Not at the cost of someone elses freedom. I don't think that laws and government should have any say in what I do, unless I am stealing, or causing harm to others.

Safety is not a freedom, when living with others. If you impose rules to ensure your safety, then you have given up on freedom. You have taken it way from others, for your benefit.

Yes, freedom can be very dangerous. But, if everyone were allowed to cary a gun, then the thugs wouldn't be so bold to pick on others.

I feel as though we should have the right to feel safe, as long as we can make ourself safe. Not at the cost of someone elses freedom. I don't think that laws and government should have any say in what I do, unless I am stealing, or causing harm to others.
    I don't agree with that as much, that would lead to anarchy IMO.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast