Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ramifications of the loss to the raiders

Default ramifications of the loss to the raiders

Unfortunately this loss means they now have to win out because with so many other good teams in the hunt I'm not sure if 11-5 can get you in the playoffs. The steelers game could decide if we or them make the playoffs. This should show them I would hope how not having receivers is killing this team, they can't lean on Jammal and the defence forever. They have got to get receivers, corners and Inside Linebackers in the draft they can't keep going into the next season with these holes.
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 11-21-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Agreed about needing receivers. Happily we will have a lot of extra picks in next year's draft. Those extra picks will give Dorsey a lot of flexibility to trade up, trade down or even trade for a player. I have little doubt our problems at WR will be corrected.

As to the playoffs...This loss hurt, but not as bad as you may think. It DOES mean that if we are to win the division we'll need to beat the donks and have them blow probably 2 games they shouldn't....just like they did against the Rams. So while our hopes of winning the division are hanging by a very slim thread, it is still possible.

As to a Wild Card. We are still very much in the hunt. We're 7-4. 10-6 may get us to the playoffs. 11-5 surely will. Very seldom does 10-6 not get a playoff berth (though as we know once in a while it won't). 11-5 is pretty much a mortal lock for a playoff berth.

So we need to beat the donks, raiders and sandifuego in Arrowhead. That would put us at 10 wins and probably in the playoffs. Then we need to win 1 of 2 tough road games (steelers and cards) to be sure of a wild card berth. A tall order but very do-able.

But be sure of one thing. We REALLY REALLY REALLY need to win next week.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 11-21-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Agreed about needing receivers. Happily we will have a lot of extra picks in next year's draft. Those extra picks will give Dorsey a lot of flexibility to trade up, trade down or even trade for a player. I have little doubt our problems at WR will be corrected.

As to the playoffs...This loss hurt, but not as bad as you may think. It DOES mean that if we are to win the division we'll need to beat the donks and have them blow probably 2 games they shouldn't....just like they did against the Rams. So while our hopes of winning the division are hanging by a very slim thread, it is still possible.

As to a Wild Card. We are still very much in the hunt. We're 7-4. 10-6 may get us to the playoffs. 11-5 surely will. Very seldom does 10-6 not get a playoff berth (though as we know once in a while it won't). 11-5 is pretty much a mortal lock for a playoff berth.

So we need to beat the donks, raiders and sandifuego in Arrowhead. That would put us at 10 wins and probably in the playoffs. Then we need to win 1 of 2 tough road games (steelers and cards) to be sure of a wild card berth. A tall order but very do-able.

But be sure of one thing. We REALLY need to win next week.
    It sucks that we lost to Raiders...But it's not the end of this season. Bowe is still a viable threat and Kelce is definitely drawing attention. Someone needs to step up at WR in a major way, and Fasano needs to stay consistent (lately he's done really well) We didn't fall over when they scored on us. We can still put a huge dent in the Broncos' great Peyton send-off.

Thank you guys for the agreements on some things. Chargers have a way tougher schedule left than we do so we need to be careful of that being a trap game also cause they may very well be out of it by the time we play. Also I have noticed the last two weeks (parker) mainly but a few others have tried to go for the home run interception instead of the tackle and lost containment they need to settle the guys down. The tackle can be just as big a play as the int, just make the tackle guys. Albert Wilson can run the route's and has pretty good hands play him in the book more he may surprise some people. Lastly what ever happened to Mark Harrison I was upset about him being cut, hopefully he hasn't been signed

We just signed Jason Avant hopefully this shores up our WR corps

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    We just signed Jason Avant hopefully this shores up our WR corps
    It is painfully obvious that Smith and/or the coaches don't trust the other WRs to do much other than distract one of the CBs and the safeties feel no need to play the deep ball.

I would still feel better with one more receiver signing. What about Jacoby Ford he is freaking fast

We need to cut hemmingway. He hasnt done anything. Lets bring in jacoby ford. No one has to honor a deep threat with us anymlre cuz we have no speed anymore with avery and jenkings jnjured.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Thank you guys for the agreements on some things. Chargers have a way tougher schedule left than we do so we need to be careful of that being a trap game also cause they may very well be out of it by the time we play. Also I have noticed the last two weeks (parker) mainly but a few others have tried to go for the home run interception instead of the tackle and lost containment they need to settle the guys down. The tackle can be just as big a play as the int, just make the tackle guys. Albert Wilson can run the route's and has pretty good hands play him in the book more he may surprise some people. Lastly what ever happened to Mark Harrison I was upset about him being cut, hopefully he hasn't been signed
    All good points. Especially about sandifuego. Any division game has the potential to be tough and no matter how much we hate Rivers he is still a dangerous QB.

Also like your comments about Parker. I like the kid and think he can become an important contributor to our defense. But both last week and this week during the In game thread I said that somebody needs to tell him to settle down, stop trying to be a hero and just do his job--tackle the receiver ON THE SPOT when he makes a catch, bat the ball down when he gets a chance and make the INT when the enemy QB goes colorblind and throws to the wrong man. If he DOES HIS JOB, the chances to be a hero will come. But when you TRY to be a hero is when you get burnt. Though as has been shown in another thread, that Pass Interference call was ABSOLUTE BULL FECES.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    We need to cut hemmingway. He hasnt done anything. Lets bring in jacoby ford. No one has to honor a deep threat with us anymlre cuz we have no speed anymore with avery and jenkings jnjured.
    Hemmingway is a good run blocker. We are primarily a running team. That's why he still has a job. Supposedly Avant is a good run blocker. If so, (and he gets a handle on the play book) he may be our new #2 and Hemmingway can be a ST contributor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast