Thread: new chief

Default new chief

Its not official yet but Bleacher Report says the Chiefs are to sigh Jason Avant we got receiver help on the way and once more he knows the playbook already

Loving this signing. It means this regime believes this year we can go all the way.

FYI, Jenkins was placed in IR for his shoulder injury. No one was cut.

I would still feel a lot better if we signed 1 more receiver. You guys are gonna hate this but what about Jacoby Ford he has always been so freaking fast

I am not at all against kicking the tires on another WR, but to be honest I think it is unlikely unless it happens to be someone who has substantial experience in the West Coast Offense under Andy Reid. If I can believe what I read, Andy Reid runs a pretty exotic version of the WCO and I have some doubts as to whether someone without experience in Reid's version of the WCO could have much impact this late in the season.

That said, I think picking up Avant has the potential to be a good move. I don't know a lot about him, but I took a quick look at his stats. Overall, he has averaged about 2 catches per game and that is nothing to get all excited about, but if you look at the years when he played under Reid and toss out his rookie year when he didn't get much playing time and had few targets, the rest of his career under Reid he averaged 3 catches per game which is plenty respectable. He's 31 so he is no "spring chicken", but I think he was a pretty good pick-up for the remaining 5 games that will decide if we make it to the playoffs.