Thread: Chiefs draft grades 11 games in....

Default Chiefs draft grades 11 games in....

Round 1. Dee Ford - D- - Looked good vs rams - not so good vs 49er's. Haven't seen him much since. 3 tackles.
    Round 3. Phillip Gaines - C - Had a good game vs bolts, Kinda small at 185. 15 tackles.
    Round 4. DAT - A- - A steal in the 4th round.
    Round 5. Aaron Murray - ? - Haven't seen him play.
    Round 6. Zach Fulton - C- - Started all 11 games, 27 sacks allowed. Solid, but slow off the snap.
    Round 6. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif - ? - Inactive for most of the season.

All in all, I give this draft C-. 1st round pick failed to address glaring needs at CB, WR, or OL. Thoughts?
    SHUT IT

I'm starting to wish we would have taken a WR instead of Dee Ford. Hindsight being what it is, there have been a number of rookie WRs that have made big impacts. Our O would look much more impressive with one of them.

Gaines has shown some flashes. I'm hoping he can build some consistency and at least be our nickel CB later this year if not next year.

DAT is a beast, when he doesn't make stupid decisions. He needs to stick to the principles that Toub has taught him and he is going to break a PR for a TD (I'm hoping it happens this coming week).

i don't know what to think about Fulton. I'm hoping he is improving.

Gaines should be starting in front of Parker. Ford was drafted for depth and as Tamba's replacement. I think he will be good once he starts playing. Our defense is predicated on a solid pass rush. When Tamba and Justin got hurt last yearwe were exposed so they took Dee Ford to protect against that happening again. WR seems to be a hit or miss position in the draft. I'd like to get one through free agency if possible and draft a cb early.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Gaines should be starting in front of Parker. Ford was drafted for depth and as Tamba's replacement. I think he will be good once he starts playing. Our defense is predicated on a solid pass rush. When Tamba and Justin got hurt last yearwe were exposed so they took Dee Ford to protect against that happening again. WR seems to be a hit or miss position in the draft. I'd like to get one through free agency if possible and draft a cb early.
    Yeah but we ALREADY HAD our starting LB's in Hali and Houston. We didn't have a starting 2WR or CB...
    SHUT IT