Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eric Berry with possible lymphoma

Default Eric Berry with possible lymphoma

KMBC is reporting that Berry will miss the rest of the year due to a large mass on the right side of his chest. This is terrible news.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I don't remember it happening, but I remember "Brian's Story". Read it or watched it somewhere along the line.

We all wish EB the best and a speedy recovery. Being realistic however it's not easy to imagine seeing him in a Chiefs uniform again. Assuming recovery, it's still hard to imagine he will ever be able to play pro football again. I hope he will, but I'm not pinning any hopes on it. It sucks but that is just the way I see things.
    Its still a bit early to discuss this type of thing, but there never really is a "good" time. We have to figure out sometime in the offseason whether he is going to be able to recover from the treatments sufficiently to play for us next season. I have no idea if he sits out next season how that will affect his contract (next year is his last year) or how it will affect our salary cap (does it count against us if he doesn't play at all). Hopefully someone may be able to answer those questions for us.

Wow. I really hope for the best for him. Football aside, I would hate to see that happen to anybody.

I will be wearing my #29 jersey a lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Its still a bit early to discuss this type of thing, but there never really is a "good" time. We have to figure out sometime in the offseason whether he is going to be able to recover from the treatments sufficiently to play for us next season. I have no idea if he sits out next season how that will affect his contract (next year is his last year) or how it will affect our salary cap (does it count against us if he doesn't play at all). Hopefully someone may be able to answer those questions for us.
    Important questions.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    yes I remember that. they even made a movie called Brian's song. for the first time a black and white roomed together. his room mate was Gale Sayers
    I'd like to find a copy, but a lot of that came from a book called "I Am Third" by Gale Sayers.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Not sure if anyone here remembers the story of Bears RB Brian Piccolo who was detected with cancer during the 1969 season and passed away in June of 1970.

We do not want that scenario here with Berry and like jap1 said they got to him early, so there's hope with the proper treatment he'll get through it.
    Medicine has come a long way since 1969

Yes in the movie he figured out what was wrong with him. He told Gale that he was pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    It most certainly has! In the last 18 months 2 of my old college buddies have been diagnosed with cancer. Today, both of them are "cancer free". And as EB said himself. Early detection and he has the best health care available to him. In '69 Brian Piccolo probably played with pain for a number of years before he said anything. The NFL takes much better care of it's players than they did 45 years ago.

You can get a copy from amazon for $10.29.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I've experienced the medicine first-hand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123