Thread: Donnie Avery and WRs.

Default Donnie Avery and WRs.

He isn't the greatest WR, but Avery may be available this week. He participated in practice fully for the first time yesterday. A combo of Bowe, Avery and Avant could be nice (with a pinch of DAT in there occasionally) especially against a Donkey secondary that is beat up. Avery can keep the safeties honest with his speed, opening up the short - middle routes for Kelce, Bowe, Fasano, and Avant maybe (all possession receivers).

The thing I'm most excited/hopeful about with Avant is his route running ability. Hopefully that can create some separation and give Alex a window to throw.

Also, on a side note, isn't DAT listed as a WR in the depth chart, didn't he catch a pass for a TD this season? Why doesn't that count as a WR TD? Just a random thought.

My guess is that Avery will play if he can. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes Avant to get up to speed with our playbook. My gripe with Avery is all the drops, not to mention lack of effort at times (for example...his performance in the Titans game).

Here's a thought...Avery is supposed to be our speedy WR...Why not throw DAT in Avery's place for a few plays, if anything to see if he can stretch the field?