Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playoff Chances

Default Playoff Chances

For those saying "we have NO chance at th playoffs." We can still get in even if we go 3-1 over the next four games. And that isn't even one of those everyone has to lose and tie to get in. If we go 3-1, the only way we don't get in is if at least two of the teams we are tied with go 4-0 through the rest of the season. We hold tiebreakers

Granted, if our OL plays this crappy, and the defense takes the first quarter off again, and we get really unlucky bounces and tipped balls, then we may not make it to 3-1.

I'm in complete agreement with those that say we've GOT TO get some WRs. It's true that we need the O-line to get better, but the running and short passing games have made us a very one-dimensional offense. Enemy defenses are keying on that and it's killing us. With no legitimate deep threat enemy defenses can keep more men up fairly near the LOS and that makes it easier for them to stop the run and short passes for little or no gain. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has noticed that the last 2 weeks we haven't been getting the long rushing plays or the long run after catch that we had been. I'd bet that Smith's "yards after catch" stats are way down the last 2 weeks from what they were the first 10 games. We MUST develop some sort of legitimate threat in the 20 yard plus passing game. If we don't, then any decent defense will eat our our breakfast all day long.

Playoff chances hmmmmmmm......

First off......If we win out, we're 11-5 and we're in. No doubt.

2cond.....10-6 probably gets us in but it's not set in stone.

3rd......That means we have to win 3 of the next 4 games AT LEAST.

So the real question is where do we get 3 wins in the next 4 games?

This weekend............The Cardinals......A couple of weeks ago I figured this was a likely loss, but since Palmer went down they have looked very beatable. With the game being in Arizona they have the edge so we'll have to play a good game to beat them. This is a great game for the Chiefs to get back on track. If we win this game, our playoff hopes GET A LOT BETTER!

December 14
    ......Raiders at Arrowhead.......If we don't win this one, we are out of the playoffs. It's that simple.

December 21
    .......At Steelers.....Who can tell which Steelers team is going to show up??? Of course being at home the Steelers have an edge, and if they are "still in the hunt" they will probably play like demons. If the Chiefs are 9-5 going into this game, then I think we may lose this one, but if we are 8-6 going into the game and a win would keep us in the hunt or a loss would eliminate us then I think we pull this one out.

December 28......Chargers at Arrowhead.....We know we can beat them. We already have. But the big question is "Who is playing for what?" Have the Chargers already clinched a playoff spot? Are the Chiefs still in the hunt? A lot of different factors could affect the outcome of this game so this game could go any which way. But if we are still in the hunt we have an edge since the game is at Arrowhead.

SUMMARY......Right now, I figure our chances of making the playoffs are about 30%. If we beat the Cardinals then our chances go to about 50%. If we lose to the Cards then our chances go down to about 5%. Then comes the Raiders. As I said above. If we lose that one our chances go to less than 1%. If we've beaten the Cardinals and then beat the Raiders then our playoff chances go to about 60%.

The real tough games left on our schedule are the Steelers and Chargers. Last two games of the season. If we go into those 2 games needing 1 win to go 10-6 then we'll likely make the playoffs. If we go into those 2 games needing 2 wins then our chances of making the playoffs are slim.

Ultimately, it really all starts with the Cardinals this weekend. Win that game and our chances look good. Lose it and our chances look awfully slim.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-04-2014 at 02:33 PM.

ctchiefsfan You are 100% correct in your assessment but if we do not come out any better the first quarter Sunday than last Sunday our chances go down a lot even if we win the game. The way we played the last two games we do not deserve the playoffs unless we pull our heads out and play like we mean it.

Couldn't agree with you more. Last 2 weeks we have played like we did week 1. And that SUCKS! The playoffs almost certainly depend on whether we can perform a cranio-rectal extraction this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12