Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Chiefs MUST find a way to win anther game

Default The Chiefs MUST find a way to win anther game

This is something that has been on my mind for the past few days. Now that the Chiefs are sitting at 8 wins it's now something that is really on my mind when it comes to the Chiefs.

THEY MUST FIND A WAY TO WIN ONE OF THERE LAST TWO GAMES.

And I'm not even talking about the playoffs. I have just come to the mindset that it's not going to happen and if it does it will just be gravy for me.

I'm talking about culture. After the playoff loss to the Colts after the 06-07 season the Chiefs became a culture of losing. 07,08,09,11,12 All losing years. And not just 7-9 got a few wrong bounces but 2-14 twice 4-12 types of losses. That must change. It has to change.

Getting just ONE more win would be the first time since the 05-06 and 06-07 seasons that the Chiefs would put together 2 winning years in a row. It's a step that is really big for this team. It would also be a winning season that wasn't with a last place schedule. Anther big step for this team as the few winning years they have had over the past decade have been with a last place schedule.

Getting that win would be a huge step in this teams growth. It's something that the teams that have won super bowls have in common. The Packers,Ravens,Steelers,Colts have all won superbowl titles over the timespan since 06-07. They are not just 1 year wonders they are pretty much always there outside of a year here or a year there. The most common thing talked about has been the QB. But as I have said time and time again there is more to football then the QB. A winning culture is one of those things. Getting anther win is a MUST DO IMO. It would be a huge step for this team even if they don't find a way to sneak into the playoffs
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

If alex can play like he did in the Playoffs against Indy last year and we dont lose all of our probowlers again.. we can go very deep.

Good to see you again Pro_Angler!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    If alex can play like he did in the Playoffs against Indy last year and we dont lose all of our probowlers again.. we can go very deep.
    I dont think we are as good as we were last year. Last year our offense was futher along and it was oir defense thag lets us down. This year our offense hasnt done much. We havent even did the hurry up offense this year. Unless bowe plays like he did in the playoff game we wont stand a chance. Plus our rush defense defense sucks and that spells disaster for playing in January.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I dont think we are as good as we were last year. Last year our offense was futher along and it was oir defense thag lets us down. This year our offense hasnt done much. We havent even did the hurry up offense this year. Unless bowe plays like he did in the playoff game we wont stand a chance. Plus our rush defense defense sucks and that spells disaster for playing in January.
    I think you are being a bit pessimistic. We got killed in Free Agency. We have been BRUTALIZED by injuries. And our schedule was much tougher than last year. We are a better team than we were last year. We've been able to play with the Big Boys this year rather than just beating up on the dregs of the NFL like we did last year. Reid/Dorsey are making this a MUCH BETTER TEAM.

Last year we knew we needed help at wide receiver and we didn't get it. We'll get it this year. And Avant hasn't hurt one damned bit either.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I think you are being a bit pessimistic. We got killed in Free Agency. We have been BRUTALIZED by injuries. And our schedule was much tougher than last year. We are a better team than we were last year. We've been able to play with the Big Boys this year rather than just beating up on the dregs of the NFL like we did last year. Reid/Dorsey are making this a MUCH BETTER TEAM.

Last year we knew we needed help at wide receiver and we didn't get it. We'll get it this year. And Avant hasn't hurt one damned bit either.
    Maybe so. Our offense has taken a step back though.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Maybe so. Our offense has taken a step back though.
    And wasn't that mostly a result of Free Agency losses? Our O-line is not as good as it was last year. And that is an important part of why our Offense has taken a step back.....at least in my opinion.

We NEED another wide receiver or two and we NEED O-line help. Luckily we are going to be sitting pretty fat and happy in the draft with all our extra picks.

Lets remember that at the end of last year we pretty much all thought that our problem was our secondary. And it seems a lot better this year. If we can fix our O-line and Wide Receiver problems with all our extra draft picks this year then I think we have a pretty strong team.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-22-2014 at 01:32 AM.

Well we got it done back to back winning years to build on.

Big step in changing the culture of this franchise. It needed to happen. There's more work to be done
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

a lot of compensation picks coming up this year should be a good off season

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12