Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: alex smith

Default alex smith

I hope some of you can see just how limited we are with him as our qb. Not a single td to a receiver all year wow. And for those who say we need to win with a dominant defense well we probably have the wrong head coach and d coordinator for that. Year in year out smith will get us what we got this year an average performance from an average qb resulting in a average record. People can deny it all they want but we won't be hosting a lombardi trophy any time soon with alex as our qb

I can only imagine how could charles would be if defenses had to respect our deep threat. As for receivers not running routes down field its because reid knows smith can't do it. Even if we draft an explosive wr that opens the field up what good does that do if he has to come back to the ball he will never develop and end up being a bust. Come on guys the whole league knows Alex smith doesn't have the arm strength or is accurate enough to implement that into our offense

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    It gets to the stage where whether Smith has trust in the receivers or not he simply has to take chances and open the passing game up or the offence flames out once the opponents defence adapts. So the choice is to carry on dink and dunking into looming failure or attempt to fit the ball into windows down field, the former is pretty pointless for the reason given and the latter cannot only be effective and necessary to win it can also open up lanes for Charles on draw plays etc if their defenders are backing off expecting a pass.

Bowe has shown in past even with Matt Cassel that his strength is using his size and physique to go up and get the ball, Smith should be willing to trust Bowe in 1 on 1 coverage like Cassel used to. I'm not for once second saying that Cassel is as good as Smith but there is no coincidence that Bowe's best years came under Cassel who was willing to take a chance.
    A lot of the choices you mentioned are Andy Reid choices not Alex Smith. Such as the Cards game. It wasn't Alex Smith's choice not to have any guys running routes downfield that was Reids choice he puts the gameplan together.

I'm glad you mentioned Cassel in Bowe. Let me go back to a game against the Colts. Cassel threw one to Bowe and Bowe made an AMAZING play. Much tougher then the play in the endzone today. Bowe has amazing talent but there has always been something in him that he can let you down as much as he can pump you up. I go to anther game against the Bucs when the Bucs had WRS going after passing and taking them to the house for tds passes that were a lot simular to the high throws that everyone complained about with Cassel. There WRS were making plays Bowe seemed to be a no show. That's not something that started with Alex. It has always been there. Same with a lot of our offensive problems. We've time and time again changed the qb. We have never built around that QB. When it comes to the passing game it has always been Bowe or bust. Other teams no that. They plan for it. Changing QBS won't change that unless we make other big time changes.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

it takes time for a receiver to get down field and get separation. Qb has to have time to set and locate.
    now I agree that smith has a short mental time clock. But it is a learned response.
    I don't care who was at Qb today they need more time than smith got today

what kills me is that we have no answer when it doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He threw for 300 yards today he was 3 yards shy last week and there were some dropped passes but why mention that
    Re-quoted for truth. It's not the QB. Our WR's aren't cutting it.

Didn't run 1 screen, no slants, nothing over the short middle with our backs

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    A lot of the choices you mentioned are Andy Reid choices not Alex Smith. Such as the Cards game. It wasn't Alex Smith's choice not to have any guys running routes downfield that was Reids choice he puts the gameplan together.

I'm glad you mentioned Cassel in Bowe. Let me go back to a game against the Colts. Cassel threw one to Bowe and Bowe made an AMAZING play. Much tougher then the play in the endzone today. Bowe has amazing talent but there has always been something in him that he can let you down as much as he can pump you up. I go to anther game against the Bucs when the Bucs had WRS going after passing and taking them to the house for tds passes that were a lot simular to the high throws that everyone complained about with Cassel. There WRS were making plays Bowe seemed to be a no show. That's not something that started with Alex. It has always been there. Same with a lot of our offensive problems. We've time and time again changed the qb. We have never built around that QB. When it comes to the passing game it has always been Bowe or bust. Other teams no that. They plan for it. Changing QBS won't change that unless we make other big time changes.
    You mention the lack of trust Smith has in his receivers because they haven't shown that they can make the plays,if Reid's play calling is the problem do you think that Reid has a lack of trust in Smith and doesn't believe that he has the accuracy, arm strength or confidence throwing down field? And if so is that lack of trust warranted ? Smith hasn't shown me he can make the tough throws on a consistent basis.

The QB position had been a problem for a number of years partly because of the reason you mention but also because we always seem to settle for someone else's cast off's. SF where finished with Smith, NE with Cassel, Huard was cut by several teams, this could go back for 10 years since the Trent Green era. Why don't we realize that the chances of getting a stellar QB in free agency or via a trade are minute, it's been 30 years since we took a QB in the first round and fully bought in to developing our own QB.

smith had time when we played the raiders and we stretched the field

There is problems in KC Smith being one of the least

Once again NEXT YEAR

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast