Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: alex smith

Default alex smith

I hope some of you can see just how limited we are with him as our qb. Not a single td to a receiver all year wow. And for those who say we need to win with a dominant defense well we probably have the wrong head coach and d coordinator for that. Year in year out smith will get us what we got this year an average performance from an average qb resulting in a average record. People can deny it all they want but we won't be hosting a lombardi trophy any time soon with alex as our qb

So your expectations are what, just another year as a Chiefs fan SSDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Guys, it's never Alex's fault

Just like it was never Cassel's fault.
    !
    This is BS

People defending Alex DO point the finger of blame at Alex when its time to. Again go back through the game threads when Alex overthrew Wilson I didnt blame Wilson I said it was overthrown.

The difference is we dont single him out and pretend everyone else was fine.

Alex DID give Bowe a Change IN THE ENDZONE. Bowe Couldnt Catch it so Alex sucks? WTF sense does that make? The ball hit the wr right in the hands What more could a QB do for the #1 WR? He cant catch it.

Who fumbled today when they were driving Alex? No it was Charles. Charles the dropped anther one so that means Alex sucks? What sense does that make. Charles made some mistakes that hurt but no one wants to talk about that its easier to make 1 scapegoat and hold him responsable right?

Thomas also dropped a pass on 3rd down hit him right in the hands Again what more could Alex do for him.

This isn't a one time thing over the course of the year we have seen an O line not give anyone much of a chance we have seen WRS drop passes over and over again we have seen the WRS quit on plays. We have seen one wr with open path to the endzone step out of bounds. We have seen this team grab a guy off the wavier wire who his first 2 weeks outplayed our Number 1 WR. But all you guys want to talk about is the QBs mistakes

you're right this is just like Cassel no one else can be held accountable. If the QB misses one throw he has just lost the game. Dont worry about all those other mistakes.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't no about it being a td but it would have least put us in FG range

A defender wasnt much behind him so he may have gotten him but he defently would have been in great position if it were not overthrown
    From Today me saying the ball was overthrown

Alex just missed that throw to Bowe Damn
    Cards game Me again pointing the blame at Alex when he missed a throw.

NO ONE is saying Alex is blameless. But we don't just focus on his mistakes. THERE IS MORE TO FOOTBALL Then the QB
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Not 1 300 yard performance all year .not 1 td to a receiver all year. a very very few plays over 20 yards all year. multiple sacks where he held the ball to long. Its not hard for a team to defend us stop charles thats all you have to do. Not 1 team in the nfl is scared of smith beating us with his arm. All they have to do is watch for the stupid dink and dunk passes. Hell I bet smith himself admits it at the end of the year
    Not fair to say that, Alex had a 294 yard passing game and got pulled with plenty of time to break that mark

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Not fair to say that, Alex had a 294 yard passing game and got pulled with plenty of time to break that mark
    He threw for 300 today but that wont get mentioned
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I really don't understand why Mathew takes it upon himself to be captain-save-a-crappy-qb. The constant rushing to Cassel's defense and now Alex Smith is rather annoying. Yes, the entire team is 8-7 not just Alex, don't condescend us like we don't know that this is a team sport. But QB is the most important position on the field and is the position that has the highest impact on games. It's silly to think that a better qb wouldn't get more out of these guys. Alex can be successful when surrounded by lots of top-notch talent, we don't have that. Truly good franchise qbs make those guys better, and don't go into game manager mode for the entire game -even when we need a touchdown in late game situations.

I made a post before the Denver game saying why I don't think we had much of a shot at the playoffs, because we can't throw the ball down field. It's just not possible with our qb, even when he has time the hesitation, the afraid to make a mistake decisions, if his first option is covered he doesn't scan much his first instinct is to tuck it and run for a 3 yard gain. Most of our losses have come down to situations at the end of the game where Alex has the ball with a chance to score and win the game- at Denver, at SF, at Oakland, at AZ....those latter two just wow. We got a great kickoff return against oakland, starting from the 40ish against a bad team. Alex (game)managed a solid 20 yards before the fail. At AZ we have under a minute and he's throwing the ball sideways, lol. Unreal. There's more examples but that's good enough, no need beating a dead horse.

In today's NFL, a single player (the qb) can be the difference between a 12-4 team and a 4-12 team. Don't believe me? Tell me how good the packers would be without Rodgers. In fact put Alex Smith on the Packers and Rodgers on the Chiefs, we might be 16-0. No hyperbole.

The truth is I love Alex Smith, great guy, the team likes him, says the right things, is competitive, very smart, wish him the best. But we will never win a super bowl with him, and the sooner the powers that be realize that, the better. Average to decent qbs win super bowls (Flacco, Eli) but those guys bombed it when they had to, and could push the ball down field, Eli beating the packers in lambeau and the pats in the super bowl due to his fearlessness in getting the ball down field, with no conscience extending drives. Alex Smith would check down on third and long to give his defense good field position, with Rodgers and Brady on the opposite side. Thats the difference. Same with Flacco, what he and Boldin did to the Patriots and dropping 31 in denver even before the rahim Moore play. Gotta take risks, theres too much variance in a single football game to think otherwise.

Fine whatever go on thinking changing QBs is the end of the problems YET AGAIN

I stay off Chiefs planet for the constant *****ing about the QB guess i will have to stay off here we can only hold 1 person accountable i guess hall pass for everyone else Fine
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Someone who doesn't throw it sideways *might* be an upgrade, but hey we are all wrong and you are right. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by OMGLadyGaga View Post
    Someone who doesn't throw it sideways *might* be an upgrade, but hey we are all wrong and you are right. Lol
    People with knowledge of the game of football have high respect for Alex so does Andy Reid. I'm sure you're just so much smarter then them all.

The W/L record for Alex is pretty damn good as well. But who cares about that when we can whine about throwing downfield and who really cares that the games he had the highest YPC last season we lost. I mean he was throwing downfield so we should all be happy right?

The fact is the people who constantly whine about the QBs are the same ones who before Alex took one snap in KC made up there minds that he sucks. So after every loss it's all his fault and they will show up to whine and moan about the QB

I have posted a couple of post I have made throughout the year of me saying when Alex didnt get the job done Here's anther couple
    Alex has to take better care of the ball then that even if there is a flag on the field you never know for sure what they are going to call. Come on Alex you're better then that
    WTF was that Alex
    Alex has to protect the ball if he is going to run
    I can go find more. The truth is I point the finger at Alex Smith just like I do everyone else. But I just dont go around holding him to the impossible standards of Smith Haters. Sorry That's just me.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    A half a dozen or more QBs in this league could have gotten us to the Super Bowl with that.
    I strongly disagree with this statement. I don't think the rest of our team is that good. Bowe is a second tier WR at his best. He hasn't been at his best in awhile. Our D has a number of weaknesses, mostly due to injuries. I thnk there are maybe four or five QBs who could have taken this team to the house.

If we don't have the answer, and their isn't one available, the only option is to build around it until an option is available.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast