Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: alex smith

Default alex smith

I hope some of you can see just how limited we are with him as our qb. Not a single td to a receiver all year wow. And for those who say we need to win with a dominant defense well we probably have the wrong head coach and d coordinator for that. Year in year out smith will get us what we got this year an average performance from an average qb resulting in a average record. People can deny it all they want but we won't be hosting a lombardi trophy any time soon with alex as our qb

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    the guy has what 3 passes all year long longer than 30 yards and you guys think he is a good qb.without Charles this team would be 2-14
    Who should we have gotten instead of Alex. Still didn't answer my question.

Dithering Alex Smith will never be awful but he won't be great either. He is far to hesitant with the ball in his hands and refuses to throw into tight windows. Other QB's in the league regardless of the quality of their receivers will throw into tight windows and take some risks as well as making the short and safe throws. If they don't take those risks they know that their opposition defenders will realize and sit on the "safe" routes.

The offensive line is awful and the receivers aren't great but even when Smith has plenty of time and the receivers get open Smith still hesitates and checks down for a minimal gain. There was a 2nd and 17 in today's game when we needed a touchdown on that drive, he had so much time in the pocket and what did he do? He threw it in the flat for no gain and wasted a play when we couldn't really afford to.

When teams take away the dink and dunk throws Smith can lack accuracy down field, he often under/overthrows receivers on throws of 15+ yards down field. On the longer throws I can hardly ever recall thinking something like "Smith put that in the perfect position for the receiver to make that catch". Far more often it's "The receiver had to adjust to make up for Smith under/over throwing that ball".

If we want to be decent, above average, 8-8 and dull then Smith is the answer going forward, if we're aspiring to win titles I'm starting to think we won't do that with Smith at QB. Financially from what's been said it seems that we're tied down with Smith for the next couple of years at least so I'm not expecting anything to happen on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Smith haters dont answer some questions

I have yet to here these answered

WHO IS ALEX SUPPOSE TO BE THROWING THE BALL DOWNFIELD TO.

WHY SHOULD ALEX STILL TRUST THESE GUYS WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO EARN THAT TRUST.

After the cards loss they were complaing that they didnt go downfield during the game it was pointed out time and time again they had no WRS running routes down the field so WHO WAS HE SUPPOSE TO BE THROWING DOWNFIELD TO?

I have yet to here one answer just whining

This is like 2012 all over when everyone wanted to think that all our problems were at QB. Romeo wasn't called out until much latter. I took as much heat for calling out the others as I am now back then. People dont want to look past the QB it seems
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    that is a mute question the question is do we go forward with smith. If you want to break it down that way Rodgers roetlesberger eli flacco Romo were all drafted after smith.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    GO be a donkey fan then dumbass
    I appogize for this post

Look im not happy with the loss either but to single out 1 person after every loss time and time again is just foolish. As I have been saying for monthes we have changed QB after QB after QB Alex is number 8 since trent. What we have NEVER done is build and offense. It has always been Bowe and some average on there best day. WHY not TRY just once to BUILD AN OFFENSE instead of just changing to QB number 9

Is Alex a top 10 qb. He can be in the top 10 if there is talent around him. He played at a high level in San Fransico with talent around him not just 1 wr and a bunch of sub par guys. BUILD an offense around him and see what he can do. Until the Chiefs do that they can change qbs 35 times it won't chance much of what you see.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Not 1 300 yard performance all year .not 1 td to a receiver all year. a very very few plays over 20 yards all year. multiple sacks where he held the ball to long. Its not hard for a team to defend us stop charles thats all you have to do. Not 1 team in the nfl is scared of smith beating us with his arm. All they have to do is watch for the stupid dink and dunk passes. Hell I bet smith himself admits it at the end of the year

I appogize for this post

Look im not happy with the loss either but to single out 1 person after every loss time and time again is just foolish. As I have been saying for monthes we have changed QB after QB after QB Alex is number 8 since trent. What we have NEVER done is build and offense. It has always been Bowe and some average on there best day. WHY not TRY just once to BUILD AN OFFENSE instead of just changing to QB number 9

Is Alex a top 10 qb. He can be in the top 10 if there is talent around him. He played at a high level in San Fransico with talent around him not just 1 wr and a bunch of sub par guys. BUILD an offense around him and see what he can do. Until the Chiefs do that they can change qbs 35 times it won't chance much of what you see.
    I can respect that. I just see it differant agree to dis agree. I think smith has an explosive rb I also think if bowe actually had a decent qb that could get him the ball he would of been top 10 wr in his career. He has an up and coming t/e and a decent defense. I see underperformance out of his position.thats all

GO be a donkey fan then dumbass
    No name calling please.

Smith haters dont answer some questions

I have yet to here these answered

WHO IS ALEX SUPPOSE TO BE THROWING THE BALL DOWNFIELD TO.

WHY SHOULD ALEX STILL TRUST THESE GUYS WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO EARN THAT TRUST.

After the cards loss they were complaing that they didnt go downfield during the game it was pointed out time and time again they had no WRS running routes down the field so WHO WAS HE SUPPOSE TO BE THROWING DOWNFIELD TO?

I have yet to here one answer just whining

This is like 2012 all over when everyone wanted to think that all our problems were at QB. Romeo wasn't called out until much latter. I took as much heat for calling out the others as I am now back then. People dont want to look past the QB it seems
    It gets to the stage where whether Smith has trust in the receivers or not he simply has to take chances and open the passing game up or the offence flames out once the opponents defence adapts. So the choice is to carry on dink and dunking into looming failure or attempt to fit the ball into windows down field, the former is pretty pointless for the reason given and the latter cannot only be effective and necessary to win it can also open up lanes for Charles on draw plays etc if their defenders are backing off expecting a pass.

Bowe has shown in past even with Matt Cassel that his strength is using his size and physique to go up and get the ball, Smith should be willing to trust Bowe in 1 on 1 coverage like Cassel used to. I'm not for once second saying that Cassel is as good as Smith but there is no coincidence that Bowe's best years came under Cassel who was willing to take a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Not 1 300 yard performance all year .not 1 td to a receiver all year. a very very few plays over 20 yards all year. multiple sacks where he held the ball to long. Its not hard for a team to defend us stop charles thats all you have to do. Not 1 team in the nfl is scared of smith beating us with his arm. All they have to do is watch for the stupid dink and dunk passes. Hell I bet smith himself admits it at the end of the year
    He threw for 300 yards today he was 3 yards shy last week and there were some dropped passes but why mention that
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast