Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here is how it stands

Default Here is how it stands

Ok, the situation looks like this
    AFC east-New England 9-3, NY Jets 7-5
    AFC north-Baltimore 9-3, Cincinnati 7-5
    AFC south-Indianapolis 10-2, Jacksonville 7-5
    AFC west-San Diego 10-2, KC 7-5 and Denver 7-5

There are five teams with 7-5 records with 4 games to go, and only two wild card spots up for grabs. Concerning ourselves with KC and Denver, here is how it looks: week 14, Baltimore, leading the AFC north, comes to Arrowhead, while San Diego travels to Denver. Both teams have tough games. Week 15, KC travels to San Diego, Tough GAme, Denver travels to Arizona, not so tough game, week 16 KC travels to Oakland, a winnable game, Cincinnati travels to Denver a toss up, week 17 Jacksonville travels to KC, Tough Game, and San Fran goes to Denver, not so tough game.
    So as I see it Denver has the most favorable schedule between us and they, so it in imparative that we run the table to have a shot, in other words OUR WORK IS CUT OUT FOR US!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Ravens!!

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Default Re: Here is how it stands

Fellas,

It's not so bad. Currently we have the tie breaker over Denver because of Division record. Jacksonville is only a game ahead of us in Conference record - and they come to Arrowhead to play. If the Chiefs hold at home against them, then Chiefs have the tiebreaker because of head to head. That leaves 2 teams to catch. Even though the the overall records are tied @ 7-5, we're really a game back due to tiebreakers. That means the Chiefs need to finish a game ahead of Cinci or the NYJets for a playoff spot (and be at least tied with Denver & Jacksonville). No team has a cake-walk, and although Denver has the easiest schedule, for some reason, they benched the guy who had them @ 7-4 to roll the dice on a rookie (who looked like crap vs. Seattle). So if Cinci & NYJ's finish 4-0, we're done. They both finish 3-1 and we don't finish 4-0, we're done. BUT - one of them finishes 2-2 and we finish 3-1 (with 2 home games and 1 in Oakland), we're in. It's not over. Keep the faith.

You're not from around here are you?

J/K Welcome to the board. Stop by the introduce yourself forum and, well, introduce yourself.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Welcome aboard C-Lew! Hope ya find a home here. :hammer:

C-Lew wrote:
    Fellas,

It's not so bad. Currently we have the tie breaker over Denver because of Division record. Jacksonville is only a game ahead of us in Conference record - and they come to Arrowhead to play. If the Chiefs hold at home against them, then Chiefs have the tiebreaker because of head to head. That leaves 2 teams to catch. Even though the the overall records are tied @ 7-5, we're really a game back due to tiebreakers. That means the Chiefs need to finish a game ahead of Cinci or the NYJets for a playoff spot (and be at least tied with Denver & Jacksonville). No team has a cake-walk, and although Denver has the easiest schedule, for some reason, they benched the guy who had them @ 7-4 to roll the dice on a rookie (who looked like crap vs. Seattle). So if Cinci & NYJ's finish 4-0, we're done. They both finish 3-1 and we don't finish 4-0, we're done. BUT - one of them finishes 2-2 and we finish 3-1 (with 2 home games and 1 in Oakland), we're in. It's not over. Keep the faith.
    Will do my man, Will Do!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Hummingbirds er I mean The Ravens!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:

Will do my man, Will Do!!

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Hummingbirds er I mean The Ravens!!

Meh, stick a fork in 'em. :-P

As it stands now we are 7-6, and going to San Diego next sunday, could finish us off, espeacially if we take the team to San Diego that played on the field today. By the time we get to Oakland, it will not matter to either team, because both will be out of the playoff picture, and the fans will all be saying "Wait til next year!"

GO CHIEFS :hammer: Somebody!!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

kenny1937 wrote:
    As it stands now we are 7-6, and going to San Diego next sunday, could finish us off, espeacially if we take the team to San Diego that played on the field today. By the time we get to Oakland, it will not matter to either team, because both will be out of the playoff picture, and the fans will all be saying "Wait til next year!"

We are for all intents and purposes finished off as we speak; accept this as fact - it will make it easier to deal with next week's loss.

I agree, I no longer have any confidence in Coach Edwards, he gets outcoached and the team gets out played, so excepting next weeks forgone conclusion will make it much easier.

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

firecarlpetersonnow.com
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    firecarlpetersonnow.com
    I went there, and all it said was and I quote:"Wait until next year" unquote. What kind of website is that anyway?

Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12