Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Houston/Hali/Bowe????

Default Houston/Hali/Bowe????

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...cost-to-chiefs

An interesting read from Teicher who I generally don't like.

Hali is going to cost us $12 million next year.

Bowe will cost us $14 million next year.

Somehow we need to figure out how to keep Houston next year. That is going to cost big bucks. And I think it would be better to get a long term deal done with him than to franchise him.

I'm leery of letting Hali go. His production is down this year, but our defense has been pretty damned good with him and Houston. Wonder if Hali would renegotiate in trade for an extra year or two to give us some cap space to sign a new deal with Houston? He has to know that his NFL career is winding down.

And after the last 2 years Bowe is starting to pish me off with his $14 million.

Do we consider getting rid of Bowe to keep Houston and Hali?

Could we get Hali to renegotiate for an extra year or two and release Bowe to keep our pass rushing attack amongst the best and replace Bowe on the cheap through the draft?

What do my fellow Chiefs fans think?
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 12-27-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    It's unreal but they can't blame anyone but Alex and think that yet again changing out QBs is the answer
    Changing QB is NOT the answer, And even this DF knows that. Alex is what he is. Good enough to keep us in the playoff chase every year so long a he has a halfway decent team around him. He is our QB for at least 2 more years. And I feel pretty confident he will get us at least a playoff win.

Just get rid of Bowe. The most overpaid & over-rated WR in the NFL. I really dislike him. Keep Hali (hopefully he'll play ball with his contract) & Houston is a MUST. Find WR's thru draft & FA & beef-up the O-Line. I think drafting Knile Davis in the 3rd round was genius, although @ the time I didn't think so.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

I like Bowe but he isn't a number 1 receiver. That 14 million has to walk. But we need to make sure we replace him. I can see us dropping him and just filling in from within!

Some media people here think Tamba is the type of person who realizes he is getting old and is humble enough to possibly work with the Chiefs to renogatiate his contract.

The off season will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    My reply to new QB is who are you going to get better than Alex? There are no can't miss QB at the 17 pick in this draft and there are none in the league that we can get that are any better, in fact there are only a hand full of QBs that could maybe do much better on this team as it currently is and their teams are not going to let them get away.

Alex was sacked the 4th most in the league at 45 times, that is either the OL not holding up which I saw many times this year Alex being hit on a 3 step drop or less and being chased out of the pocket many times real quick or the WR not getting any separation (coverage sack) which we saw many times also.
    Now this is what kind of makes me laugh at the Smith defenders (except Matt, he has mentioned this), you don't even mention that Smith might be a problem at holding the ball way too long sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by NickheadKCAU View Post
    i cannot believe people on this board question alex smith but yet defend bowe...

unbelievable!!!!!!!!
    Both are overpaid, both have their flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Now this is what kind of makes me laugh at the Smith defenders (except Matt, he has mentioned this), you don't even mention that Smith might be a problem at holding the ball way too long sometimes.
    What do you want him to do just throw the ball up for grabs because no one is open before the rush gets to him, then you would be complaining about his turnovers? Sure he may hold on to the ball to long sometimes waiting for a WR to get any separation.

Okay I tried to answer your question but you did not even try to answer my question instead just laughed it off, who should or could we get that is better than Alex? It is one thing to say "we have a problem" but not give any suggestions on a fix even when asked, when you do that you come off as whining or using a liberal logic in any argument which is to never answer a question and just reiterate your original question or ask another question. What is your solution to the QB situation other than to complain?

What do you want him to do just throw the ball up for grabs because no one is open before the rush gets to him, then you would be complaining about his turnovers? Sure he may hold on to the ball to long sometimes waiting for a WR to get any separation.

Okay I tried to answer your question but you did not even try to answer my question instead just laughed it off, who should or could we get that is better than Alex? It is one thing to say "we have a problem" but not give any suggestions on a fix even when asked, when you do that you come off as whining or using a liberal logic in any argument which is to never answer a question and just reiterate your original question or ask another question. What is your solution to the QB situation other than to complain?
    Can't talk logic to some people. Once they get it in their heads he is a problem. Anything would be better. This whole discussion sparked just from C. Daniel playing just like S. Smith.

Alex has his issues, but I am not really sure how many of those issues are his. When we lost the TN, Alex was trying to make more throws down the field, and they were getting tipped up, or missed etc..... After that week, the offense pulled back on the reins and it was dink and dunk until it became an issue.

I do think he started holding the ball to long, I also think he didn't hold it long enough and dumped it off was to soon at times. Chase at least hit his reads real quick, at least until half time then he held the ball even longer.

So, my first solution is fixing the talen around the QB. We need a better O line and better receivers. I just takes one play to make a huge difference.

My solution is alex take chances once in a while, and the play calling step it up with deeper throws being called, Alex throwing passes away and not taking sacks, let the WR makes plays sometimes.. I was just saying that there are people who fully blame alex then there is people who just won't even give him an ounce of blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Can't talk logic to some people. Once they get it in their heads he is a problem. Anything would be better. This whole discussion sparked just from C. Daniel playing just like S. Smith.

Alex has his issues, but I am not really sure how many of those issues are his. When we lost the TN, Alex was trying to make more throws down the field, and they were getting tipped up, or missed etc..... After that week, the offense pulled back on the reins and it was dink and dunk until it became an issue.

I do think he started holding the ball to long, I also think he didn't hold it long enough and dumped it off was to soon at times. Chase at least hit his reads real quick, at least until half time then he held the ball even longer.

So, my first solution is fixing the talen around the QB. We need a better O line and better receivers. I just takes one play to make a huge difference.
    I agree Alex could do better at getting rid of the ball faster sometimes but why does he hold on so long sometimes and not others? Could it be on separation by WR? I don't know I am not the coach and do not spend time reviewing tape. But I do know that when he does go down field he is being hit most of the time as he throws and it seems like over half the time the WR does not make the catch or steps out of bounds.

If I can not use logic with doobs I will just stop replying to him, that is my logic. If they both play the same, what is in common between them? Maybe coaching or play calling or WR or OL I am not paid big money to figure it out and fix it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast