Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Explaining my frustration with the QB hate.

Default Explaining my frustration with the QB hate.

This has sort of become my hot button issue when it comes to the Chiefs. And I thought I would attempt to explain why I feel so strongly about it. In a lot of ways it doesn't have much to do with the people on a forum saying it. Hey at the end of the day we are all just people giving an opinion.

It has more to do with the fact that this is the constant approach this franchise has seemed to have taken for the past nearly 10 years. Like I have said over and over again Since Bowe was drafted the WR core has been Bowe and a lot of below average guys and they have just hoped that it will work. IT HASN'T IT'S NOT GOING TO SUDDENLY START working.

The ZERO depth at WR could not be made more clear then week 1 this year. There should be ZERO conditions for a NFL team that Frankie Hammond Jr is a starting WR. ZERO. But that's what we saw. It's what we have given QB after QB. This is not a new thing for this team. Its choices of WR haven't been great. You can go WAY back for that. With the likes of Sammie Parker (who was ok at best) This is why I am so frustrated about this issue.

A couple of years ago when My Man Hali was here he had a saying about the definition of insanity being
    Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
    That's what you can say about the talent on offense this team has built over the past decade. IT HAS TO CHANGE or they will never get any further the one and done IMO.

The good news is there is some hope currently on the roster DAT has shown he could become a good weapon. The deep past what got me excited was he actually made an adjustment on the ball. That's a good sign. Albert Wilson also showed some hope. He didn't play a lot early I wonder what could have happened if he was actually able to play throughout the season. If he could have made progress going forward.

My frustration doesn't come from some love for Alex Smith. I took the same heat for Cassel. My frustration comes from being tired of seeing the same thing repeated with QB after QB after QB. I was very open to the QB change and hope it would change for the first handful but after seeing as many as we have seen come through you have to ask yourself has the problem been this franchise is setting a QB up to fail? IMO the answer is a loud YES.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

You can bring up numbers all you want. It works good for a pitchers era average buf not football. I watch alex smith this past year I see a qb who is very limited with what he can do. I watched our offense get exposed because of these limitations. I watched a qb hold on to the football for way to long at times.all the defenses had to do to stop us was stack the box stop charles bring pressure on alex. Because he panics under pressure and can not accurately throw a deep ball. Could the o line play better yup could the receivers be better yup. But sacks and dropped passes are part of the game good qbs make plays happen alex can't. unless he identifies and improves on this during the off season. I will be watching first hand when murray or brey take his job

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    You can bring up numbers all you want. It works good for a pitchers era average buf not football. I watch alex smith this past year I see a qb who is very limited with what he can do. I watched our offense get exposed because of these limitations. I watched a qb hold on to the football for way to long at times.all the defenses had to do to stop us was stack the box stop charles bring pressure on alex. Because he panics under pressure and can not accurately throw a deep ball. Could the o line play better yup could the receivers be better yup. But sacks and dropped passes are part of the game good qbs make plays happen alex can't. unless he identifies and improves on this during the off season. I will be watching first hand when murray or brey take his job
    This is exactly right. Sure, our wrs and oline could be better...but unfortunately Alex Smith makes them even worse. He also hurts the running game, Charles was held in check a little too often this year, because Alex Smith puts absolutely zero fear in defenses. It makes us way too easy to defend when we have such a limited qb. Derrek Carr of all people had a damn good rookie year all things considered, the raiders have way less talent than us too. We gave up two valuable draft picks for this dude and then signed him to a franchise qb deal.... Unreal

I'm sure the fact that Jamal had over 50 less carries this year had nothing to do with it
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I'm sure the fact that Jamal had over 50 less carries this year had nothing to do with it
    How many more carries did davis have . And the fact that reid knew going into most games especially against teams that have good run defenses. You have to try to expose them playing the box and take some shots beyond 15 yards .guess what he is limited in his play calling because smith cant. Hince the offensive struggle this season. Not on charles its on smith

How many more carries did davis have . And the fact that reid knew going into most games especially against teams that have good run defenses. You have to try to expose them playing the box and take some shots beyond 15 yards .guess what he is limited in his play calling because smith cant. Hince the offensive struggle this season. Not on charles its on smith
    Davis had 134 carries this year which is up almost 70 from the year before. Most his carries came during the time Charles was dealing with his high ankle sprain. outside of that he didn't get the ball often. In half the games he got under 5 carries

The reason Charles's numbers are down is because he is now in a west coast offense. A west coast offense puts less on the running game and more on the short passing game. That's what Andy Reid has always ran. It has nothing to do with Alex it's he's in a system that doesn't rely on the running game as much as the passing. He was still averaging 5ypc the last 2 seasons.
    He was in the top 5 in Rbs in YPC and 7th overall how he is that being held in check?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Davis had 134 carries this year which is up almost 70 from the year before. Most his carries came during the time Charles was dealing with his high ankle sprain. outside of that he didn't get the ball often. In half the games he got under 5 carries

The reason Charles's numbers are down is because he is now in a west coast offense. A west coast offense puts less on the running game and more on the short passing game. That's what Andy Reid has always ran. It has nothing to do with Alex it's he's in a system that doesn't rely on the running game as much as the passing. He was still averaging 5ypc the last 2 seasons.
    He was in the top 5 in Rbs in YPC and 7th overall how he is that being held in check?
    news to me that they didnt run the west coast offense last year. Your argument for charles 50 less carries is out the window especially when Davis carried the ball that many more times. Our offense was new last year other defenses didnt know what to expect from us .plus we played a way weaker schedule. This year defenses exposed alex smiths weaknesses. And stacked the box against us. Come on how many times did you see a defense play deep safeties against us

news to me that they didnt run the west coast offense last year. Your argument for charles 50 less carries is out the window especially when Davis carried the ball that many more times. Our offense was new last year other defenses didnt know what to expect from us .plus we played a way weaker schedule. This year defenses exposed alex smiths weaknesses. And stacked the box against us. Come on how many times did you see a defense play deep safeties against us
    Yes they did run a west coast offense That's why while Charles's rushing attempts went down from 285 to 259 in the first year Reid was there Not only did Charles run the ball more Peyton Hillis the number 2 in 2012 ran the ball more then Davis did in 2013. If you go back to 2010 (Charles missed 14 games in 2011) Charles ran the ball only about 30 more times then he did this year but Thomas Jones ran the ball 245 times himself. So both Jones and Charles ran the ball more in 2010 then Charles did this year. Under Reid the Chiefs have relied much less on the running game simply because they don't run the ball as often as they did in the few years before Reid got to KC. Sorry but that's just the truth
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yes they did run a west coast offense That's why while Charles's rushing attempts went down from 285 to 259 in the first year Reid was there Not only did Charles run the ball more Peyton Hillis the number 2 in 2012 ran the ball more then Davis did in 2013. If you go back to 2010 (Charles missed 14 games in 2011) Charles ran the ball only about 30 more times then he did this year but Thomas Jones ran the ball 245 times himself. So both Jones and Charles ran the ball more in 2010 then Charles did this year. Under Reid the Chiefs have relied much less on the running game simply because they don't run the ball as often as they did in the few years before Reid got to KC. Sorry but that's just the truth
    This has what to do with alex smith limiting our offense. You are running out of lame excuses and your post are becoming pretty tiring. I thought you said you were done then you for some reason bring up charles 2010 carries huh

This has what to do with alex smith limiting our offense. You are running out of lame excuses and your post are becoming pretty tiring. I thought you said you were done then you for some reason bring up charles 2010 carries huh
    I'm only talking about the running game.

The remark was made that Charles had been limited ummmmm no not really. It's just he runs the ball less because the offense changed when Andy Reid became the coach he ran a different offense. Sorry but that's just the truth. Go look at the numbers yourself. The facts are the facts. The Chiefs run the ball far less when you don't run the ball as much you don't get the same production it's simple logic.

2012 Pre Reid 500 rushing attempts 2011 even without Charles they ran more then they do now 2010 they had over 100 more then Reids high mark of 442
    2013 with Reid 442 rushing attempts-58 or almost 4 less a game 3.62
    2014 with Reid 420 rushing attempts -80 5 less a game

When you're running the ball 5 less times a game your going to see numbers go down again simple logic
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The west coast offense runs a high number of screen passes reid always has and always will even back in the day when he had Westbrook. Bubble screens to a wr or rb are designed to be running plays from a blocking scheme. Sorry but thats just the truth when you have more screen plays to your rb's the numbers in your little stat book go down sorry but that just the truth and the facts are just the facts maybe you should spend less time on the internet looking at stat sheets and watch more football.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast