Thread: Dorial Green Beckham ?

Default Dorial Green Beckham ?

This kid had a promising career in front of him before he reportedly dragged a girl down the stairs. He was kicked of the Missouri football team, went to Oklahoma and played on their practice squad as he was ineligible. Now he declared.

He could be a Justin Houston type of reward for falling in the draft because of his mistakes, but his mistakes could give you a Larry Johson type of risk.

Would you take a flyer on him with a second or third, knowing that his off the field issues is the biggest NO NO hot topic in the NFL.

This is where guys like John Dorsey earn their paycheck by sitting with the kid. You want to figure out if this was an error in judgment or a pattern of behavior. The other potential factor in your scenario will be whether they take a wide receiver in the first round. If you still need a receiver and he sitting on the board when you pick in the second round, maybe pull the trigger. If you took a wide receiver in the first round, he's likely off your board.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-07-2015 at 11:49 AM.

I would love to see us work a trade back if possible. I think Cooper will be long gone before we pick obviously and White is the only other one I would want us to risk a pick on in the first without a trade back. I think Funchess would be fine later in the round. But regardless of what position we pick if day 2 rolls around and DGB is still on the board I think u use a couple of your picks to move up. The receiver core is that bad. We need all the talent we can get at that position. DGB can stretch the defense and is a freak athlete. We can make it work. That is of course assuming Dorsey sit down with him like you said and sorts out what kind of person he is.

We can't be relying on flyers to fill by far our biggest need.

Beckham is now being mentioned as a mid-late 1st round pick. If Parker, White or Strong are still there by 18 we have to pull the trigger. Jaelen Strong particularly interests me, so many spectacular catches on his tape and he has great hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    We can't be relying on flyers to fill by far our biggest need.

Beckham is now being mentioned as a mid-late 1st round pick. If Parker, White or Strong are still there by 18 we have to pull the trigger. Jaelen Strong particularly interests me, so many spectacular catches on his tape and he has great hands.
    Who has him a late first. I have seen him from late second to third because he has been out of the game for year and has off field troubles. I don't see anyone putting him in the 1st round without him working out or doing the combine. He may get there.

DGB is very talented and athletic Wr who has had tons of off the field problems. He made great plays here at MU but also tends to take plays off. His name appeared in the local paper many times. For both good and and bad reasons. He seemingly has a problem surrounding himself with the wrong people and wrong activities. As you all may recall, he was the number 1 wr prospect in the country. He has a huge a wingspan and is a very strong, ball hog. I would hate to have to defend him twice a year. For that reason I would reach for him. He is a risk, but God help us if he ends up in the afc west and not a chief.

I still wouldn't draft him in the first unless he can show us he belongs there. But I would reach for him in the second, before the Chargers or Broncos snag him.

wouldnt draft in the 12th round!!!