Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Webnews: Terrelle Pryor signs with Chiefs

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    20,732
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 49

    Post Webnews: Terrelle Pryor signs with Chiefs


    0 Not allowed!
    By Mike Florio
    The Chiefs apparently liked what they saw when quarterback Terrelle Pryor worked out for the team on Wednesday. Per a league source, Pryor has signed a one-year contract. Out of the league during the 2014 regular season, Pryor started nine games at quarterback for the Raiders in 2013. He entered the league via the third…
    Read more…

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 35

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    wow!!!

    I really didn't see this coming and cant quite understand e reason for this.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,545
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 48

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Maybe Andy hopes he is another Vick.

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    1,157
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 7

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    He's um, pretty bad

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    9,803
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 2,585

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    wow!!!

    I really didn't see this coming and cant quite understand e reason for this.
    The reason is pretty simple. Reid is always looking for opportunities to upgrade his QB stable. And you can bet you bottom dollar there is no guaranteed money in his contract. So we bring him in, let him try out, pay him per diem (no cap cost) and unless he convinces Reid he WAY better than someone else on the roster he gets cut and that's the end of that.

    Realistically this is no different than bringing in a UDFA after the draft. We can use him as a tackling dummy.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Columbia
    Posts
    915
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 35

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    The reason is pretty simple. Reid is always looking for opportunities to upgrade his QB stable. And you can bet you bottom dollar there is no guaranteed money in his contract. So we bring him in, let him try out, pay him per diem (no cap cost) and unless he convinces Reid he WAY better than someone else on the roster he gets cut and that's the end of that. Realistically this is no different than bringing in a UDFA after the draft. We can use him as a tackling dummy.
    I would really like to believe all 4 of our qbs are better then this guy.

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Falls Village, Ct
    Posts
    9,803
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 919
    Given: 2,585

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I would really like to believe all 4 of our qbs are better then this guy.
    So would I. But being honest he does have some pro experience and it seems pretty likely that Chase Daniel will be traded or released for cap purposes so why not bring in someone to push the 2 backups we'll have. Like I said...it's not like we've made any commitment to him. We're going to let him work out and pay him per diem. He'll have to be very impressive to actually make the team.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    6,632
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 301
    Given: 14

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    It is simple. He played for a horrible team who threw him out to the wolves and asked him to make plays. Andy is a QB coach who gets the most out of his players. Andy's offensive is all about ball control and not turning the ball over. Dink and Dunk to what the defense gives you. Andy thinks he can simplify and structure the play calling to help Pryor be more like Alex instead of the forcing throws type of player he was in Oakland. He is also very mobile, which is needed for this offense and offensive line when teams pick up the coverage in man to man coverage.

    Plus he is a much cheaper option than Chase Daniel.

    There is nothing wrong with have 5 quarterback when teams are needing 2 and will be willing to trade for one of ours.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,055
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 846
    Given: 1,618

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    It is simple. He played for a horrible team who threw him out to the wolves and asked him to make plays. Andy is a QB coach who gets the most out of his players. Andy's offensive is all about ball control and not turning the ball over. Dink and Dunk to what the defense gives you. Andy thinks he can simplify and structure the play calling to help Pryor be more like Alex instead of the forcing throws type of player he was in Oakland. He is also very mobile, which is needed for this offense and offensive line when teams pick up the coverage in man to man coverage.

    Plus he is a much cheaper option than Chase Daniel.

    There is nothing wrong with have 5 quarterback when teams are needing 2 and will be willing to trade for one of ours.
    Bingo. I've said it before I'll say it again...Reid likes to stock the shelves at QB. Like them or not, his QB's also have a habit of becoming valued free agents in the offseason. It'll take time but there's no reason to think he wouldn't do the same thing in KC.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,128
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Even if pryor doesn't work out I love what they are doing. I have said it and seen others post it if you dont have a true franchise qb keep drafting them until you get one . It is hands down the most important position on the field. It is good to see some blood getting pumped into our qb pipeline.between murray brey and now pryor it is obvious reid and dorsey want to find this franchise a franchise qb .that has not been the case in k.c in a very long time and even if its not one of these guys with reid and dorseys qb guru smarts i bet they set us up real soon with a legit kc qb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Webnews: Terrelle Pryor working out for Chiefs as a quarterback
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 08:37 PM
  2. Webnews: Kurt Coleman signs with Chiefs
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 03:43 PM
  3. Webnews: Steve Gregory signs with Chiefs
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 09:32 PM
  4. Webnews: Aaron Murray signs four-year deal with Chiefs
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2014, 10:39 PM
  5. Raiders take Pryor
    By drstandley31 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 04:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •