bowe and hali due 20 million combined
    i personally dont expect either back to kc
    c daniels is gone...3.8 million
    anthony fasano gone...1.970
    d avery frees up 3.55 million
    joe mays 3 million
    aj jenkins 1.3 million
    that over 32.5 million that i see opened up to the payroll
    (devito is due 4 million if he recovers i think we should bring him back)

dee ford replaces a legend at olb
    murray is groomed as the back up
    we can sign a blocking free agent at te or get one in the draft

does dorsey target two green bay packers in free agency?
    tramon williams cb and brian buluga ot

There is definitely some cap room to play with. One thing you haven't considered is the cost of keeping Houston. The franchise tag is 11 or 12 mil. Houston's agent is probably pushing for him to be close to the highest paid defensive player in the league (and it is hard to argue that he shouldn't be at least close), so any contract is probably going to be worth more than $12 mil a year, and/or have a HUGE signing bonus.

I don't disagree with a lot of the cuts. There is money to be had, if we strip a lot of the overpaid role players that we have.

Yup. Keeping Houston is going to cost a potful of cash.

We might be able to actually clear some cap space for this upcoming season by signing Houston to a backloaded contract with a high signing bonus. Towards the end of the contract we would likely resign him so it would be beneficial to us to look into that type of structure. Personally I think they need to pay the man has much as he wants. We can't let him walk.

I would actually like to see us keep Joe Mays run d just isnt the same when he is not in their he is really underrated

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I would actually like to see us keep Joe Mays run d just isnt the same when he is not in their he is really underrated
    Our run defense will be fine when DJ is back on the field. With or without joe mays

If DJ makes it back he probably will not be the same. Below is part of this:
    http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/1...as-city-chiefs

NFL history isn't exactly riddled with defenders who successfully overcame Achilles injuries. According to a medical survey from Lower Extremity Review (yep) conducted back in 2010, 64 percent of NFL players who suffered an Achilles injury successfully returned to the field. The average time to return was 11 months. That's the good news. Unfortunately, both the number of games (11.7 games/year before injury vs. 6.2 games post-injury) and the quality of play suffered greatly:
    Furthermore, in the reviewed 21 NFL skill players who returned to play, there were significant decreases in games played per season (11.67 games per year pre-injury versus 6.17 games per year postinjury) when averaged over the three seasons before the injury and the three seasons after the injury. There were also decreases averaging nearly 50% in power ratings of the returning players for the three seasons after the injury compared to the three seasons before the injury.
    The study uses the term "skill position" to include linebackers, so don't be swayed by the title.

Do you think they would cut DJ then??

I doubt they cut him this year if he can play in preseason or at least look good in camp if not they might make a medical settlement we like them will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Do you think they would cut DJ then??
    No chance.

He has a good probability to be able to come back and play well. The fact that he has someone rehabbing alongside him (DeVito) means he has a better prognosis than someone doing rehab by themselves. He may not be as fast as he was, but his ability to play so well had as much to do with his reaction time and his ability to instinctively read the play and see the gaps as his phyical ability. I would be surprised if he isnt back at at least 90%. Even if he loses some speed and explosive quickness, he will still be a huge boost to the run support game. My concern is whether he will be ready to practice by camp (it may be pushing the timetable, Im not sure if he had surgery or was treated non-operatively), or him re-injuring it.

Wosrt case, he may become a liability in the passing game if he loses a step and cannot keep up with RBs and TEs. That is something that you can easily scheme around (keep him in zone, line him up on the slower TEs, pull him out on obvious passing downs).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast