Thread: Draft Trades

Default Draft Trades

I've heard a lot of you talking about trading up, I've never been a big beliver in doing that trading down to acquire more picks is fine I just don't feel you should jeopardize you're future boing trading away multiple pick to climb higher, if a team exercises patience it always works out for the best. Luck is an important factor in life as well as in buisiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I've heard a lot of you talking about trading up, I've never been a big beliver in doing that trading down to acquire more picks is fine I just don't feel you should jeopardize you're future boing trading away multiple pick to climb higher, if a team exercises patience it always works out for the best. Luck is an important factor in life as well as in buisiness.
    Generally I am inclined to agree with you. But in this case where we should have 2-4 compensatory picks I think that trading up could make some sense if there was a "sure thing superstar" who simply was not going to be available at 18. Not saying that is the case just that it's a scenario where trading up could be justified.

This year because of the extra picks, I'd like to think that trading up would be an option.

Im with the others that normally I feel like trading down is the better way to build your team. However, if there is a player you think can help right away, and you have a lot of picks, then it is worth it to trade down. If you end up with like 10-11 picks, you probably wont have 10-11 slots on the roster for them to even make the team. Might as well move up to grab someone good.

Just remember the comp picks are not trade able.

I forgot so they can't make a trade up without giving up our own picks anyways. That is kinda a shame you can't trade comp picks

This is true. But remember....Any comp pick you get frees up a regular pick to be used as trade bait. Get a 4th rounder as a compensatory pick and your regular 4th round pick can now be traded without losing a 4th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Im with the others that normally I feel like trading down is the better way to build your team. However, if there is a player you think can help right away, and you have a lot of picks, then it is worth it to trade down. If you end up with like 10-11 picks, you probably wont have 10-11 slots on the roster for them to even make the team. Might as well move up to grab someone good.
    THIS. We might not be in this position again for awhile.