Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs fans, do you really want Peyton to retire?

Default Chiefs fans, do you really want Peyton to retire?

I was thinking last night, maybe I want him to continue. His contract is bound to be an albatross on Denver's neck capwise. What say you?

Yup I say good riddance let that whole ship sink very badley. There is no way I want them to draft a qb this year and give him a full year to learn from manning ossweiller I dont think is the guy.if manning comes back I bet he eould restructure his deal to make 1 more run I say goidbye

I don't think he is the same QB as at the beginning of this year. He lost the zip on the ball and was lobbing it the last 1/4 of the year. If he was hurt all those games he never showed up on the injury report. I think his ego will get the best of him and he will come back to break BF records and he will break down again in the last half of the year.

They were talking about how the Broncos were transitioning to a running team from a passing team because Manning had lost his arm.

On the fence. On one hand, I'd like to see Reid get another chance at the Manning-led Broncos. We've had some good games that were important to the division cup two seasons in a row. On the other...like slc said...I'd like to see that whole boat sink with Elway at the helm.

Those of you wanting the whole boat sink, they have $35 mil worth of cap room and if Manning and Welker (who wants out) are gone it'll be even larger. Elway will probably bring in Suh and Marshawn Lynch or other such NFL 'stars.' He'll probably trade one of their name guys for the right to Mariota. Don't ask me how they still have all this cap room with all of the big signings that they did, but they do. And/or with their luck, Osweiller will be the next Roethlishberger.

OK the scenarios above are far from certain, and I mention them because of the frustration about how they somehow sign the FAs I want or draft some of the picks I like, combined with the apparent blessing they always receive from the NFL. All said, if Manning is going to be a burden on their cap, I say more power to him.

Well jon fox has already departed . Manning should be next

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    Well jon fox has already departed . Manning should be next
    Unless they get a Coach he wants. If the OC stays, I bet he stays. Also, I just saw a play from last night, a 4 and 2 run by CJ, looked like everyone gave up on that play besides CJ Anderson.

Also I hope he stays, a division title would be sweeter if you knocked the king off the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Unless they get a Coach he wants. If the OC stays, I bet he stays. Also, I just saw a play from last night, a 4 and 2 run by CJ, looked like everyone gave up on that play besides CJ Anderson.
    Adam gase the oc was let go as well.so thats not happening they most likely are in rebuild mode.

Supposedly John Fox and Denver have "parted ways." All the assistants (including the OC) are "still under contract, but free to seek employment elsewhere." In other words, they were all fired, but Denver doesnt want to be responsible for buying out their contracts.

I doubt Manning will want to stay unless he at least has his OC.

I hope he does stay, but doesnt break Favre's record. As I said in the other thread, the last half of the season he was a liability for their team and if it wasnt for their run game and defense, they would have barely made the playoffs. The donkeys with the Manning of the second half of the season will have a hard time winning the division, leaving it between the Chargers and us. That being said, if his injury heals well, he may still have a year of decent play in him. His strength has always been his brain, not his arm strength. If he can get back enough strength to be accurate again, he will still be formidable, but definitely beatable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast