Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding the WR

Default Rebuilding the WR

As much as I would like too see Jeremy Maclin he wants to stay in Philly, I doubt we could afford Randall Cobb even if Green Bay let him escape, I would like to see them gut everyone but Albert Wilson, and Jason Avant he provides an awesome teacher for these guys to learn from, De'Rick Rogers, sign Mark Harrison I think he deserves a shot, and build through the draft. We need to get 2-3 receivers
    Dorial Beckham, Ty Montgomery, Jaelen Strong, Rashad Greene, Nelson Agholor, DeVante Parker, Kevin White, Tyler Lockett, Sammie Coates, Justin Hardy, Phillip Dorsett, Stephen Riggs and Deontay Greenberry are all great options we need too draft at least 2 of these guys maybe more. I would grab a good pass catching TE in their as well to line up with Kelce and cut Anthony Fasano

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Map just looked inaccurate this year granted Alex was off sometimes but not to the degree Kap was.
    That doesn't make Alex way better than him. There's really nothing objective to support your assertion.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    That doesn't make Alex way better than him. There's really nothing objective to support your assertion.
    Sure there is. Alex had that team in the playoffs the last 3 years he played there. QB changed and they are pretty much in the ****ter. Makes perfect sense to me kaepernick isn't as good as Alex. Kaepernick had a specialty he was really great at. And once defenses adjusted to it he got shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Sure there is. Alex had that team in the playoffs the last 3 years he played there. QB changed and they are pretty much in the ****ter. Makes perfect sense to me kaepernick isn't as good as Alex.
    That is factually inaccurate. I'll give you the timeline

- Smith's last 3 seasons in San Francisco were '10-'12.
    - In '10, the 49ers finished 6-10 and did not make the playoffs.
    - Harbaugh took over the head coaching duties in '11 and the 49ers made the playoffs with Smith at QB and lost in the conference championship game.
    - In '12, Kaepernick replaced Smith mid-season and the team went to the Super Bowl.
    - Smith was traded to KC prior to the '13 season.
    - The 49ers move forward with Kaepernick and the team made it to the NFC Championship game in '13.

So Smith was the starting QB only once when they made it to the playoffs. He was a big part of them winning 6 games the following season, but that was the end of his run.

Beyond that, total team success is not a measure of any individual QB being better/worse than the other. To be clear, it was not the basis for my objection.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

That is factually inaccurate. I'll give you the timeline

- Smith's last 3 seasons in San Francisco were '10-'12.
    - In '10, the 49ers finished 6-10 and did not make the playoffs.
    - Harbaugh took over the head coaching duties in '11 and the 49ers made the playoffs with Smith at QB and lost in the conference championship game.
    - In '12, Kaepernick replaced Smith mid-season and the team went to the Super Bowl.
    - Smith was traded to KC prior to the '13 season.
    - The 49ers move forward with Kaepernick and the team made it to the NFC Championship game in '13.

So Smith was the starting QB only once when they made it to the playoffs. He was a big part of them winning 6 games the following season, but that was the end of his run.

Beyond that, total team success is not a measure of any individual QB being better/worse than the other. To be clear, it was not the basis for my objection.
    Quoted for truth you are contradicting yourself. First you claim the QB is the single most important position on the field, now you say you can't judge how a team is doing based on QB play alone? Also you acknowledge that in order for a QB to be successful he must have decent pieces around him. That's not what you were saying about manning. You said it doesn't matter who you put around Manning he makes everyone play better. Now which one is it?

Contradictions are very common amoung Smith Bashers.

On one hand they will throw out a bunch of stats most of witch happened years ago on anther team and point to those as relevent stats.
    On the other when you respond to stats that counters their opinion from this past season on THIS TEAM they can't fight those so they just say you're making excuses. And deem you a blind defender lover appologist ECT.
    They quote experts saying the Chiefs need to go downfield more but convent for them leave out all the times they talked about how much the WRs and O line were letting this team down.
    After a win "its a team game" After a loss "Alex couldn't get it done"
    In other terms they cherry pick what is relevent and what are "excuses" based on does it fit their narrivtive that Alex was the let down.

This is why I've just given up this argument.They have made up their minds nothing will convince them otherwise. Just something I'll have to learn better to live with.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quoted for truth you are contradicting yourself. First you claim the QB is the single most important position on the field, now you say you can't judge how a team is doing based on QB play alone?
    Claiming that to be a contradiction is an astronomical stretch. QB is the most important position on the field, but TEAMS win/lose games. Just don't tell me that one QB is better than the other simply because his team won more games.

These are 2 different points, each standing on their own.

Also you acknowledge that in order for a QB to be successful he must have decent pieces around him. That's not what you were saying about manning. You said it doesn't matter who you put around Manning he makes everyone play better. Now which one is it?

I also said that there is no shortage of these "pieces" in the NFL -- and that each QB is playing with a high level of NFL talent around him.

I don't mind you cherry picking my takes, but at least be charitable enough to put things in full context before you attempt a retort.

The "facts" in your post were inaccurate. All I did was point it out to you. Why so serious?

Stevie even you gotta admit without an offensive line no QB is worth a damn

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Contradictions are very common amoung Smith Bashers.

On one hand they will throw out a bunch of stats most of witch happened years ago on anther team and point to those as relevent stats.
    On the other when you respond to stats that counters their opinion from this past season on THISj;TEAM they can't fight those so they just say you're making excuses. And deem you a blind defender lover appologist ECT.
    They quote experts saying the Chiefs need to go downfield more but convent for them leave out all the times they talked about how much the WRs and O line were letting this team down.
    After a win "its a team game" After a loss "Alex couldn't get it done"
    In other terms they cherry pick what is relevent and what are "excuses" based on does it fit their narrivtive that Alex was the let down.
    The funniest thing about that spill is that you placed every single person that doesn't believe as you do about Alex Smith into the same little box. Intellectual honesty be damned!

What is with this "we vs. they" attitude anyway? You guys give give me the impression that your feelings or hurt over this disagreement. Relax. It's pefectly okay that we see this differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Stevie even you gotta admit without an offensive line no QB is worth a damn
    Has Smith ever had an offensive line?

The funniest thing about that spill is that you placed every single person that doesn't believe as you do about Alex Smith into the same little box. Intellectual honesty be damned!

What is with this "we vs. they" attitude anyway? You guys give give me the impression that your feelings or hurt over this disagreement. Relax. It's pefectly okay that we see this differently.
    I am relaxed

I'm just pointing out the common traits in the people who GO ON AND ON AND ON about how the QB spot is the major issue.

Just like you do when you ask why people just cant "accept Alex for the player on the back of the card" ECT.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast