Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding the WR

Default Rebuilding the WR

As much as I would like too see Jeremy Maclin he wants to stay in Philly, I doubt we could afford Randall Cobb even if Green Bay let him escape, I would like to see them gut everyone but Albert Wilson, and Jason Avant he provides an awesome teacher for these guys to learn from, De'Rick Rogers, sign Mark Harrison I think he deserves a shot, and build through the draft. We need to get 2-3 receivers
    Dorial Beckham, Ty Montgomery, Jaelen Strong, Rashad Greene, Nelson Agholor, DeVante Parker, Kevin White, Tyler Lockett, Sammie Coates, Justin Hardy, Phillip Dorsett, Stephen Riggs and Deontay Greenberry are all great options we need too draft at least 2 of these guys maybe more. I would grab a good pass catching TE in their as well to line up with Kelce and cut Anthony Fasano

I thought the thread was about revamping the Chiefs receiver core. Dumping Alex Smith ain't going to do much to help the Chiefs receiver core at this point in time. What needs to be done is improve the receiver core and the O-Line to give the Chiefs QB -- whoever he may be -- the best chance to succeed.

People forget that when Trent Green's supporting cast slipped, his career came to an abrupt end.

People also forget that in Alex Smith's first post-season game as a Chief, you couldn't ask for a better performance and it wasn't Alex's fault that the Chiefs lost that playoff game to Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    4) Viewing the above, even you will admit that our Chiefs haven't done half bad with Alex as QB.
    They haven't done half bad with Eric Fisher either.

Looking at all I've posted above, how can you expect any Chiefs fan to be down on Alex?
    "Down on him" isn't the right terminology. My point of contention is how his supporting cast is being blamed as the problem with his mediocre production.

He's done a pretty good job for us.
    The team has won games despite a pedestrian pass offense. Credit to Andy Reid.

You're running your mouth on a Chiefs Fans website.....not a Quarterbacks fans website. Every one of us here cares more about our Chiefs win/loss record than who the QB is. Give me Melvin Dumbship as QB and if we maintain a winning record and win a few playoff games I'll be happy with Melvin Dumbship--while still hoping to improve the QB position....which as any fool can see, Reid/Dorsey are both trying to find that "needle in a haystack" that is called a true Franchise QB.
    Not really sure how any of that is a refutation of my analysis on Alex Smith, but whatever ......

But let's face facts. Reid chose Alex. So when you diss Smith you are in fact dissing Reid.

What??? Reid also chose this offensive line, so when you diss them, well ..................

It's time for you to get off your "Alex ain't perfect" high horse and start supporting OUR CHIEFS! And our Chiefs coach as well!

WTF?

And I still think you are just the 3rd incarnation of MMO/MMH. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....well then just plain naturally it's probably a duck.
    I have no idea what that means, but if you're suggesting that once upon a time someone else expressed the fact that they were less impressed with Smith than you are ................ imagine that.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Has anyone thought that the receivers production is why he had mediocre play??? Seems like a reasonable point to me

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    They haven't done half bad with Eric Fisher either.
    That is part of the reason I haven't called for Fisher to be replaced. He's a sophmore. He gets a little time to develop. But Fisher is NOT the entire O-line. Much of the O-line needs improvement. Especially at depth. Our O-Line isn't half bad when they are all healthy, but an injury or two and they are a catastrophe. Free Agent losses didn't help either. At this point Fisher gets another year before I start saying he is part of the problem. That said, my patience timeline with Fisher is getting pretty thin.

"Down on him" isn't the right terminology. My point of contention is how his supporting cast is being blamed as the problem with his mediocre production.
    I'm not "Blaming" anyone for anything....because I feel that in both years that Reid, Dorsey, Smith, Fisher etc have been here we have made substantial progress. As long as we are making progress I'm not going to get too pished off about much of anything. WHAT I CARE ABOUT IS CONTINUED PROGRESS. AND I AM PRETTY COMFORTABLE THAT IF WE DO SOME WORK ON THE O-LINE AND WRs WE WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE PROGRESS.

And compared to QB, WR and O-line are comparatively easy areas to make improvement.

The team has won games despite a pedestrian pass offense. Credit to Andy Reid.
    Andy Reid chose Smith. In one breath you praise Reid. In the next you condemn his choice--Smith. ILLOGICAL. Certainly a great QB would help but as has been said many times before, Smith is what we have right now and any fool can see that Reid/Dorsey are trying to find someone better for the long term. So Reid got the best he could get. Reid and Dorsey are clearly looking for better. WHINING is illogical. Especially when it is leading to improvement.

What??? Reid also chose this offensive line, so when you diss them, well ..................
    I don't diss the O-line. I simply say that it is an area where we can use improvement AND CAN EASILY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan
    And I still think you are just the 3rd incarnation of MMO/MMH. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....well then just plain naturally it's probably a duck.
    I have no idea what that means, but if you're suggesting that once upon a time someone else expressed the fact that they were less impressed with Smith than you are ................ imagine that.
    Once upon a time there was a troll on this board who spent all his time saying that if we just replaced Cassel with Orton, all would be well. Since that was all he ever said and he pished everybody off with his broken record routine, he got banned. Then he came back under a different handle at the end of the 2012 season when we knew we'd have the #1 pick overall and told us that if we would just draft Geno Smith we would win many playoff games and in short order the Super Bowl. He went absolutely bat-ship crazy when we traded for Alex Smith and in short order was banned AGAIN.

Your posts resemble his strongly both in content and pattern. So like I said about ducks....I suspect that you are simply the 3rd incarnation of MMO/MMH. You walk like he did. You resemble him. And you talk like him. Not something I'd be waving my hands in glee about.....unless of course you are simply the 3rd incarnation of MMO/MMH....which is EXACTLY what I think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Has anyone thought that the receivers production is why he had mediocre play??? Seems like a reasonable point to me
    That is pretty much what everybody thinks......EXCEPT MMO/MMH/Stevie Ray. Birds of a feather.

GOOD LORD WHAT A THOUGHT Where do you come up with this Amazing stuff
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

That is pretty much what everybody thinks......EXCEPT MMO/MMH/Stevie Ray. Birds of a feather.
    I think Stevie Ray hit the nail on the head in anther thread. This is not so much a disagreement on Alex Smith as it is on the QB position in genral. Some think it's up to the QB to make the offense run. IMO it's not that easy. A QB has to get help and the guys around the QB on this team this past season didn't do there part. They were dead last in a lot of things. THAT'S ON THEM. Ano no one else.And that's just how I see it.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Or vice versa - seems like a logical conclusion to me.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Steven the Quarterbacks can only do so much with what they have to work with

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think Stevie Ray hit the nail on the head in anther thread. This is not so much a disagreement on Alex Smith as it is on the QB position in genral. Some think it's up to the QB to make the offense run. IMO it's not that easy. A QB has to get help and the guys around the QB on this team this past season didn't do there part. They were dead last in a lot of things. THAT'S ON THEM. Ano no one else.And that's just how I see it.
    It's really an argument about both, but I don't think we're very far apart on Smith and his actual skill level. We all pretty much agree that he's not great and he's not terrible.

You're right, the primary debate starts with the cause/effect aspect of the QB position in general. Everyone agrees that it's a team game, and one hand washes the other (so to speak) -- but the QB is the catalyst.

A QB with average skills will still be average even with a good supporting cast around him. He may even make what could be a good supporting cast appear to be average overall.

But an average supporting cast can be made to appear like a top supporting cast with a good QB. This happens alll the time, and I've pointed out several examples of it. How many valid examples do we have of a good supporting cast turning an average QB into a top QB?

You say that the Chiefs' supporting cast didn't do their part to help Alex Smith out, yet Alex Smith has been a better QB the past 2 seasons than he's ever been. That being the case, you're suggesting that no supporting cast has ever done their part to help Smith out.

At what point do we acknowledge that it's more about Smith than it is the players that have been around him?
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 01-29-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast