Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding the WR

Default Rebuilding the WR

As much as I would like too see Jeremy Maclin he wants to stay in Philly, I doubt we could afford Randall Cobb even if Green Bay let him escape, I would like to see them gut everyone but Albert Wilson, and Jason Avant he provides an awesome teacher for these guys to learn from, De'Rick Rogers, sign Mark Harrison I think he deserves a shot, and build through the draft. We need to get 2-3 receivers
    Dorial Beckham, Ty Montgomery, Jaelen Strong, Rashad Greene, Nelson Agholor, DeVante Parker, Kevin White, Tyler Lockett, Sammie Coates, Justin Hardy, Phillip Dorsett, Stephen Riggs and Deontay Greenberry are all great options we need too draft at least 2 of these guys maybe more. I would grab a good pass catching TE in their as well to line up with Kelce and cut Anthony Fasano

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thanks for posting that. That vid along with this one

show beyond a shadow of a doubt that Alex is capable of throwing the deep ball.

But as we all know during 2014 he seldom did.

The valid question is WHY?

Possible answers.....

1) He doesn't especially like to.

2) He wasn't getting the time.

3) His deep receivers weren't getting open.

4) Reid wasn't calling deep passing plays.

I'm sure there are many more potential reasons and I am equally sure that no single reason accounts for why he wasn't completing deep balls last year.

What I do know is that our complete lack of a deep passing game last year is the main reason we didn't make the playoffs. With no deep threat our offense became one dimensional and way to easy to defend.
    The truth is it was a combo of everything

Alex missed a few
    Alex hit a few to have the dropped by the WR
    Alex was given very little time at times
    Reid went games without calling any (Cards game most glaring example)
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Perhaps because while most of us recognize his faults and acknowledge them we also acknowledge that by win/loss record and stats he is the best QB we have had in a long time.
    Statistically, the best quarterbacking we've got in recent years was Matt Cassel in 2010.

Wins/losses are team achievements/failures. It weighs heavier on the resume of the head coach than any individual player. To that end, Andy Reid is the primary reason for the progress. He's won games and made it to the playoffs with mediocre quarterback play before. This is nothing new for him.

There's nothing wrong with progress, but that shouldn't prevent us from making honest observations and objective analysis.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 01-22-2015 at 09:14 PM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    Statistically, the best quarterbacking we've got in recent years was Matt Cassel in 2010.

Wins/losses are team achievements/failures. It weighs heavier on the resume of the head coach than any individual player. To that end, Andy Reid is the primary reason for the progress. He's won games and made it to the playoffs with mediocre quarterbacks before. This is nothing new for him.

There's nothing wrong with progress, but that shouldn't prevent us from making honest observations and objective analysis.
    Let me make sure I have this right. I want no misunderstandings.

You say that the primary reason for progress/improvement is Andy Reid. Have I got that right? Personally, I agree.

But you want to dump Alex Smith who is Reid's chosen QB. Have I got that right?

Wins/losses are team achievements/failures. It weighs heavier on the resume of the head coach than any individual player. To that end, Andy Reid is the primary reason for the progress. He's won games and made it to the playoffs with mediocre quarterback play before. This is nothing new for him.

As you well know, the part bolded above is UTTER TRASH. You don't judge Cassel by one single year. You judge him by his career as a Chief....same way you should Alex.

Over the course of their respective careers as a Chief Alex makes Cassel look like a second rate high school QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I thought Albert Wilson was by far the best WR out of the bunch the last 2 or 3 games of year even better than Bowe I believe another off season and that kid will be a stud WR for us
    After watching him in camp/pre-season, coupled with what he showed when he got his opportunities at the end of the season, I don't know why he wasn't one of the 5-6 WRs on the roster the whole season. It's not as if we had a stable of top notch WRs.

I guess there's more to it than what meets the eye. I can remember a similar thing happening with Jamaal Charles early in his time here in KC.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

After watching him in camp/pre-season, coupled with what he showed when he got his opportunities at the end of the season, I don't know why he wasn't one of the 5-6 WRs on the roster the whole season. It's not as if we had a stable of top notch WRs.

I guess there's more to it than what meets the eye. I can remember a similar thing happening with Jamaal Charles early in his time here in KC.
    JC is a different story. We had Priest Holmes, then LJ, then JC. While LJ was a huge let down all of those RBs are unique and special runners who put up multiple 1k+yard rushing seasons. We've been extremely blessed with running backs here in KC no one can deny that.

Good to agree with you for once.

But you want to dump Alex Smith who is Reid's chosen QB. Have I got that right?
    I don't recall saying that I want to dump Smith. I don't like the fact that the Chiefs have once again committed themselves to mediocrity at the most vital position in the organization, but that's not Smith's fault.

As for Andy Reid, he's chosen a great deal of the players on this team. He's not infallible, and it has very little relevance to my thoughts on Smith.

I just think Reid is a good enough head coach to win 8-10 games with his eyes closed and both hands tied behind his back. If he had to win with Chase Daniel at QB, I believe he could.

As you well know, the part bolded above is UTTER TRASH. You don't judge Cassel by one single year. You judge him by his career as a Chief....same way you should Alex.

Over the course of their respective careers as a Chief Alex makes Cassel look like a second rate high school QB.
    I'm not judging either by one season, but the part "bolded above" is statistical fact, nonetheless.

If I were to judge them on the entirety of their careers, I'd say that they are on the same tier. Statistically, Cassel has had 2 seasons better than any Smith has ever had. So he's clearly just as capable.

Now if you put a gun to my head and said that I had to pick one or the other, I'd probably lean towards Smith because he has more potential to make plays with his legs. But neither QB should be the unquestioned starting QB for any team. They're both decent "placeholders" and ideal back up QBs. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The truth is it was a combo of everything

Alex missed a few
    Alex hit a few to have the dropped by the WR
    Alex was given very little time at times
    Reid went games without calling any (Cards game most glaring example)
    That's how I see it too.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast