Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding the WR

Default Rebuilding the WR

As much as I would like too see Jeremy Maclin he wants to stay in Philly, I doubt we could afford Randall Cobb even if Green Bay let him escape, I would like to see them gut everyone but Albert Wilson, and Jason Avant he provides an awesome teacher for these guys to learn from, De'Rick Rogers, sign Mark Harrison I think he deserves a shot, and build through the draft. We need to get 2-3 receivers
    Dorial Beckham, Ty Montgomery, Jaelen Strong, Rashad Greene, Nelson Agholor, DeVante Parker, Kevin White, Tyler Lockett, Sammie Coates, Justin Hardy, Phillip Dorsett, Stephen Riggs and Deontay Greenberry are all great options we need too draft at least 2 of these guys maybe more. I would grab a good pass catching TE in their as well to line up with Kelce and cut Anthony Fasano

If things go right the Chiefs WR core will be better next year based on guys devoplement. Wilson,DAT and even Kelce were pretty much in there rookie years. They were going to have some growing pains it's just going to happen.

In a dream world Bowe would redo his deal stay for less money and they would bring in someone like Cobb to actually give us anther threat outside of Bowe while the other guys come along.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If things go right the Chiefs WR core will be better next year based on guys devoplement.
    They certainly can't play any worse from a production standpoint.

Still, I don't favor drafting a WR high in the draft unless he is absolutely the best player available. Reaching for need at the position is more likely to turn up bust than not, and WRs bust up as much as any position in the history of the game.

Besides, there isn't an area of the team where the Chiefs couldn't stand an upgrade.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Say what y'all want, but I really wish there would be a financial compromise so we could keep him:

Watch this video. It's very good. The man seems genuine.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...are%3Afacebook

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Say what y'all want, but I really wish there would be a financial compromise so we could keep him:

Watch this video. It's very good. The man seems genuine.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...are%3Afacebook

DB is a genuinely good person. But we need him to be a better WR. Right now his cap hit is too high for his production.

I think he would revolutionize the slot receiver if he is used that way most of the time. He seemed unstoppable there. I like his attitude about the team and Andy. Who knows, maybe he will accept a salary reduction and stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    DB is a genuinely good person. But we need him to be a better WR. Right now his cap hit is too high for his production.
    Nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    I think he would revolutionize the slot receiver if he is used that way most of the time. He seemed unstoppable there. I like his attitude about the team and Andy. Who knows, maybe he will accept a salary reduction and stay.
    I hope so. I'm not excited about the prospect of losing him. My only real concern about Bowe is his production vs his cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I don't know how good of a person he is, but I know that he's a good receiver - he's shown as much.

The production of a receiver is heavily dependent upon the QB. Everyone seems to be blaming Bowe for his lack of production -- which is fair to an extent -- but how is he supposed to produce if he's under-utilized? How's he supposed to play up to his contract if he's not getting adequate opportunities to make plays?

Every #1 receiver needs a QB that can/will get him the ball. In that regard, Bowe is in arguably the worst possible situation.

I've always wondered just how good Bowe could be if he played with a good QB. The QBs that he's played with in KC leave a lot to be desired. I almost feel like the Chiefs would be doing him a favor by releasing him. Maybe he could latch on with Brees and the Saints; his old stomping grounds.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 01-22-2015 at 03:57 PM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    As much as I would like too see Jeremy Maclin he wants to stay in Philly, I doubt we could afford Randall Cobb even if Green Bay let him escape
    I agree, neither is likely to leave their teams, and both would probably be too rich for the Chiefs' blood anyway.

One free agent WR I would like to see the Chiefs go after is Leonard Hankerson. I really liked him coming out of Miami a few years back -- felt at the time that he was the 3rd best WR prospect in his class behind only A.J. Green and Julio Jones.

Hankerson has good size, good hands, and runs good routes. He doesn't have great speed, but he's a natural at the position. The biggest question about Hankerson is his durability. He's been somewhat injury prone in his short NFL career thus far.

Still, he's only 26 years old and should come relatively cheap. I think he just needs a "change of scenery" and a new start somewhere. Why not KC?
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 01-22-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast