Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: InflationGate

Default InflationGate

Well well well cheater cheater You know its a damn shame they can't make an example out of the Pats and reverse the championship game that's the way it should be. Taking draft pics is not enough in my opinion. Reverse games, suspend coaches, same for players, I have always like what the NCAA does if its a big enough infraction you're removed from bowl games for 1 year, no reason why they couldn't implement something to the same affect in the NFL.

I don't see this happening but what should happen is the PATS should be sitting out a Draft. This is not there first offense They have done a number of shady things its time to put the hammer down on them IMO
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I'm no Pats fan, especially after the Scott Pioli debacle, Brian Dabol, spygate, the tuck rule and Aaron Hernandez...But I do not see where 2 psi explains a 42-20 blowout game.

I don't think it made a difference in the outcome of the game at all. But they have shown a clear disregard of the rules on a number of occasions I think the NFL needs to stop slapping them on the wrist and put the hammer down. Just my opinion
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't think it made a difference in the outcome of the game at all. But they have shown a clear disregard of the rules on a number of occasions I think the NFL needs to stop slapping them on the wrist and put the hammer down. Just my opinion
    Agree 100%. If there's no paid consequences, every team (if not already) will try to get that advantage by breaking rules. Like a kid testing waters to see what he/she can get away with and how much trouble it gets them. HARSH PUNISHMENTS TO ALL CHEATERS

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Agree 100%. If there's no paid consequences, every team (if not already) will try to get that advantage by breaking rules. Like a kid testing waters to see what he/she can get away with and how much trouble it gets them. HARSH PUNISHMENTS TO ALL CHEATERS
    If the Pats current dynasty spent the rest of their careers under investigation...It wouldn't be a surprise.

I agree that there needs to be harsh punishment.

While I did not watch the game, I'm not going to say that the deflation of balls didn't have an effect. A slightly deflated is easier to grip, both when throwing, running, and passing, especially so in poor weather. My flag football team's qb prefers the ball a little flat. He even keeps a pump to deflate it if the ball starts to get away from him (there are no rules on the football you bring to the game).

Being that this isn't the first violation of a major rule, I'd want them to get more than one draft pick pulled. I don't know if the whole draft is appropriate.

The final score was 45-7 as a Colts player said they could have been playing with a bar of soap and beat that day. I think it is being made to much of. Sure there should be some punishment maybe suspend the coach for the first 4 games next year, I don't know.

I'm in agreement with those that say that the underinflated footballs had no effect on who won or lost the game. Maybe it affected the final score but I don't see it having affected who won or lost.

In addition as yet I have seen no evidence that this was a deliberate act on the part of management, coaching or Brady.

However...if the NFL investigation turns up any evidence that this was a deliberate act by anyone of any authority beyond janitor on the team then the punishment should be SEVERE! Cheating once as the splats did is bad, but they paid an appropriate price for a first offense. But if they have been caught again then this shows a COMPLETE LACK OF RESPECT for the integrity of the game. And if that is the case, then some variation of the college football "Death Penalty" would be appropriate.

Obviously, this wouldn't hold up in court, but 11/12 footballs sounds pretty deliberate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast