Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This week on Peyton Place...

Default This week on Peyton Place...

From SI news
    Peyton Manning wants to return to the Denver Broncos, according to a report from Woody Paige of The Denver Post.

Manning won't decide on a return until after undergoing a physical examination, the report says.
    According to three trustworthy sources, Manning wants to return to the Broncos, but won't and can't make a final decision until he takes an annual physical examination mandated by his contract. Last year, the test results were learned at the beginning of March. The Broncos have requested that Manning let them know his plans by March 9 — the day before teams must exercise their rights on veteran players under contract. Manning, who turns 39 on March 24, is due $19 million next season.
    Manning, who will turn 39 in March, just completed his 17th season in the NFL and his third with the Broncos.
    He has two seasons remaining on the $96 million deal he signed with Denver in 2012.
    The Broncos went 12-4 this season, finishing first in the AFC West before falling to the Indianapolis Colts in the divisional round of the playoffs.
    Denver recently hired former Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak to replace John Fox, with whom the team agreed to mutually part ways earlier this month.
    Kubiak has said that he has already spoken with Manning.
    "It's easy to build a playbook for [Manning]. He's been the master for many, many years," Kubiak said this week, according to the Post.
    Peyton Manning out of Pro Bowl with quad injury

Mr. horse-face drama queen isn't winning any SB in Denver. He better get out while he can.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Mr. horse-face drama queen isn't winning any SB in Denver. He better get out while he can.
    Part of me wants to see him retire. Part of me wants to see him stick around and get humiliated AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    If Peyton goes against the grain and hangs it up...Elway's got his work cut out for him.

Who Cares about Manning right now! It hasn't even been two weeks since he choked in the play offs, AGAIN, and now the Brett Farve retirement attention is directed towards him like he is on suicide watch. Maybe instead of telling us what Peyton Thinks of his new coach, he should deflate the footballs in the play offs to see if it will help his accuracy in the cold weather games that he seems to implode in and stop worrying about what type of play book that a head coach says he will implement. We all know, Peyton is his own play book.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Who Cares about Manning right now! It hasn't even been two weeks since he choked in the play offs, AGAIN, and now the Brett Farve retirement attention is directed towards him like he is on suicide watch. Maybe instead of telling us what Peyton Thinks of his new coach, he should deflate the footballs in the play offs to see if it will help his accuracy in the cold weather games that he seems to implode in and stop worrying about what type of play book that a head coach says he will implement. We all know, Peyton is his own play book.

Actually I'd argue that it's the other way around - I'm more interested in what happens with a division rival & their star player, than under-inflated footballs.

You bring up a good point, though...It's understandable how Kubiak got the job (Elway's paranoia with anything not formerly Broncos, and lack of better candidates) but don't see how it can be anything else but Peyton being in charge of the offense IF Peyton comes back.

Also what's weird is the turnaround of Kubiak's inital reaction. At first there was a statement in the press saying he wasn't going to leave the Ravens. Next thing it's all about how much fun it's going to be to write a playbook for Manning. My guess is he got a ton of money from the Broncos courtesy of Elway.

So that leaves the Broncos with an uber expensive aging QB, a ton of money blown on a roster that was one and done in the playoffs, and a low draft position. Pretty soon somebody is going to get fed up with footing Elway's expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Actually I'd argue that it's the other way around - I'm more interested in what happens with a division rival & their star player, than under-inflated footballs.

You bring up a good point, though...It's understandable how Kubiak got the job (Elway's paranoia with anything not formerly Broncos, and lack of better candidates) but don't see how it can be anything else but Peyton being in charge of the offense IF Peyton comes back.

Also what's weird is the turnaround of Kubiak's inital reaction. At first there was a statement in the press saying he wasn't going to leave the Ravens. Next thing it's all about how much fun it's going to be to write a playbook for Manning. My guess is he got a ton of money from the Broncos courtesy of Elway.

So that leaves the Broncos with an uber expensive aging QB, a ton of money blown on a roster that was one and done in the playoffs, and a low draft position. Pretty soon somebody is going to get fed up with footing Elway's expenses.
    As a Chiefs fan, It sickens me to see Peyton on all kinds of commercials and getting press about what he will do next year two weeks after the season is over. It is all moot until they report for camp and the teams have made all their moves defining their team next year.

The point of deflating the balls is not to say I care more about the Patriots and to give that attention as I could care less about that as well, but to point out the fact that Peyton has always been known as a poor performer in cold weather, thus being the reason of many of his failures. Maybe they should deflate the balls to help their QB perform better instead of blaming the HC who understood Manning was hurt so he adjusted to the running game towards the end of the season.

In short, I am glad they fired Fox. I think he is a very capable coach and even after Manning retires, could still be a thorn in the Chiefs side. They made him a scapegoat from the real issue. I am just sick of hearing about Manning and the donkies. The Chiefs are going to go about their business, and by playing ball control offense they will beat the Donkies and be in position to win the division. So who cares about Manning and Donkies. They are moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    As a Chiefs fan, It sickens me to see Peyton on all kinds of commercials and getting press about what he will do next year two weeks after the season is over. It is all moot until they report for camp and the teams have made all their moves defining their team next year.

The point of deflating the balls is not to say I care more about the Patriots and to give that attention as I could care less about that as well, but to point out the fact that Peyton has always been known as a poor performer in cold weather, thus being the reason of many of his failures. Maybe they should deflate the balls to help their QB perform better instead of blaming the HC who understood Manning was hurt so he adjusted to the running game towards the end of the season.

In short, I am glad they fired Fox. I think he is a very capable coach and even after Manning retires, could still be a thorn in the Chiefs side. They made him a scapegoat from the real issue. I am just sick of hearing about Manning and the donkies. The Chiefs are going to go about their business, and by playing ball control offense they will beat the Donkies and be in position to win the division. So who cares about Manning and Donkies. They are moot.
    Agreed on this statement. It didn't take long at all before he found another HC job.

Well until we do win the west all the talk will be of the Broncos and Chargers, if we do win the west the talking heads will just say it was because Manning is getting old and unless we win the SB not that we are getting better. His agent must be good, getting him these national commercials for Pizza and Insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Well until we do win the west all the talk will be of the Broncos and Chargers, if we do win the west the talking heads will just say it was because Manning is getting old and unless we win the SB not that we are getting better. His agent must be good, getting him these national commercials for Pizza and Insurance.
    My boys don't like Peyton because he is a Donkey and they just don't understand why Nationwide would have him on their commercial becasue there is no way we should use Nationwide because of that and I agree.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast