Thread: Tamba Hali talking big game on 610 talk radio

Default Tamba Hali talking big game on 610 talk radio

Tamba talking staying a chief and being willing to take a pay cut to stay in KC. He says he is here to win a Super Bowl and feels we have the team to get there and win and he wants to be a part of that. He says that Houston needs to get paid and that should be the chiefs number 1 priority. Says he's willing to talk a more team friendly deal to make it happen.

Personally my I like Tamba. I don't think he's lost any steps as of yet. He goes out there and give it his all 100% of snaps he plays. More so it like the fact that he started his career here and I feel it should end here. That kind of thing just doesn't happen in the nfl anymore because players always feel they need to be paid more even if their performance doesn't dictate the same. If he's willing to restructure he deserves to be here next year.

thoughts?

All the rumours coming out today are that he is willing to renegotiate. He posted something on Twitter about trying to recruit people to kc. Someone asked if that meant he is restructuring, to which he responded "chiefs for life."

I'd be on board if he took max $5 mil against the cap (I could care less how much he gets total, all I care about is the cap hit).

One possibility, which I'm hoping is just my pessimistic side, is that they keep haliI and let Houston walk since hali and Ford is much cheaper than Houston. I think that would be extremely stupid, but it would allow them to throw a ton of money at fa wrs and ol.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Tamba talking staying a chief and being willing to take a pay cut to stay in KC. He says he is here to win a Super Bowl and feels we have the team to get there and win and he wants to be a part of that. He says that Houston needs to get paid and that should be the chiefs number 1 priority. Says he's willing to talk a more team friendly deal to make it happen.

Personally my I like Tamba. I don't think he's lost any steps as of yet. He goes out there and give it his all 100% of snaps he plays. More so it like the fact that he started his career here and I feel it should end here. That kind of thing just doesn't happen in the nfl anymore because players always feel they need to be paid more even if their performance doesn't dictate the same. If he's willing to restructure he deserves to be here next year.

thoughts?
    I'm with you 100% Justin! I HATE the fact that players so seldom stay with a team for their entire career and I'd like to see Hali stay with the Chiefs. I also like the fact that he is taking the initiative and offering to restructure his contract instead of waiting for the Chiefs to come to him. His contract was fair for both him and the Chiefs when it was signed and he was the best pass rusher we had. But he's not anymore. So it's appropriate that he should take a pay cut to help keep Houston on the team. After all....the good of the team is supposed to come FIRST.

Regardless how much of a pay cut he takes, he is still going to be making A LOT OF MONEY. How much does any one person really need?

One other thing that I think is worth mentioning.....If he does take a pay cut to help us keep Houston and thereby stays a Chief for the rest of his career he should know full well that he will be set for life in the town of Kansas City.
    When he retired he would have people lining up to make sure he had a good job until he was ready to collect Social Security. Not so much if he goes elsewhere.

MEMO TO JOHN DORSEY.....Get on the phone to Tamba and his agent and get a deal done!!! Then go get a deal done with Houston!!!

Hali's worth kicking the tires before doing something like a blind cut.