Thread: Justin Houston did not play in probowl?

Default Justin Houston did not play in probowl?

Chiefs' Justin Houston doesn't play in the Pro Bowl ... for some reason
    By Joel Thorman  @JoelThorman on Jan 26 2015, 8:52a 31

Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
     TWEET (1) SHARE (311)
    Kansas City Chiefs' Justin Houston was at the 2015 Pro Bowl in Arizona on Sunday night. But he didn't play. Why? Just depends on who you ask.

Tamba Hali says Houston didn't play because of his contract situation.

But Houston says ...

Well, this is odd. If his contract is the reason Houston didn't play ... I can certainly understand that. It's potentially a multimillion dollar situation and I can't fault him for protecting that (it's actually probably the most reasonable move). I can also understand Houston not wanting folks to think he's not sitting out because of his contract. Fair enough.

If he knew he wasn't going to play, he probably should've given his spot to someone else. But maybe he is truly sick.

So ... I don't know.

More from Arrowhead Pride
    Interesting tweet from Tamba
    Four KC Chiefs players land on same Pro Bowl team
    Mel Kiper on Chiefs, Dorial Green-Beckham, offensive linemen
    Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs News 1/22
    Rodney Hudson has a new agent as free agency looms
    Justin Houston on getting drafted 15th in the Pro Bowl
    Still no obvious answer on Dwayne Bowe's future with Chiefs
    SB NATION FEATURED VIDEO

 SHARE ON TWITTER (1)
     SHARE ON FACEBOOK (311)
     PINTEREST
    31 COMMENTS
    SHARE (311)

Reports say Hali claimed it was because contract negotiations. Houston denied that and said he had a stomach bug. If Houston did not participate due to contract concerns but didn't want people to know, and therefore coming up with a stomach bug excuse, don't you think he would have told Hali what he was doing since they are so close? Therefore why did Tamba open his mouth? All seems alittle fishy. Thoughts?

My guess is that he sat out the Pro Bowl to avoid any possibility of injury. It's the only thing that really makes much sense.

As for not telling Tamba the "stomach flu" story, maybe he just didn't think of it at the time that he told Tamba he was sitting out.

It's also possible that Tamba is trying to put a little pressure on Houston to stay with the Chiefs. He's already said publicly that he'll renegotiate his contract to free up cash for Houston. Tamba will benefit by staying with the Chiefs. No question he is slowing down a bit, but playing opposite Houston camouflages that fact a bit so staying with the Chiefs will help make Tamba look better longer. Tamba honestly seems to enjoy the game and I think wants to play as long as he can. So staying on the same team with Houston is a way to possibly extend his career a bit.

Of course....all that above is pretty Machiavellian so it may all be nonsense. But there is a certain perverted logic to it.