Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another try at First Pick

Default Another try at First Pick

Traded back from 18 to Cinci for their 1st and 2nd round pick. Then back with Dallas for their 1st and 2nd.

Round 1 Pick 28 Dorial Green Beckham WR Oklahoma - creates matchup issues across the board for defenses and can stretch the field and open up space for the Offense.

Round 2 Pick 17 Cody Prewitt FS Ole Miss - Glad and surprised he fell. I hope that Berry can come back healthy but we have to prepare for the worst. I like Prewitt's versatility.

Round 2 Pick 21 OG Josue Matias OG Florida State - I like his burst off the ball and think that he can come in and potentially start at the very least provide depth and competition.

ROund 2 Pick 28 Rashad Greene WR Florida State - I like his top end speed and more importantly his NFL route tree. I think DGB spreading the field and Greene working underneath would be great for Smith.

Traded back with Denver in the 3rd picked up their 3rd and two 5ths.

Round 3 Pick Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma - I think he stays at RT with us and same as Matias can either start or provide depth and competition.

Round 4 Pick 19 Ronald Darby CB Florida State - 3rd seminole for the Chiefs but I think all are good. Not sure why Darby was still there I read he would be off the board in the first two rounds but ill take it.

Round 5 Pick 7 Mike Hull ILB Penn State - Good run stopper that would fit nicely next to DJ if he can come back
    healthy.

Round 5 Pick 18 Phillip Dorsett WR Miami - Speedster with a solid route tree that can help revamp this WR core. I picked him over Diggs because I think Dorsett has a better route tree.

Round 5 Pick 28 Sean Mannion QB Oregon State - think his intangibles will transfer well to the NFL worth taking a flyer with all the extra picks. Plus if he works out it was with a donkey pick.

Round 6 Pick 17 Brandon Ivory DT Alabama - provide depth and competition to the Dline

Round 7 Pick 16 Wes Saxton TE Northern Alabama - big athletic. can be a good project for Reid see if we can mold him into something.

I really like this draft for the Chiefs. Think we get 2 starting caliber opine. 3 viable targets for Smith. Plus a wild card in Sexton. Plus the secondary gets a big boost. Didn't add as much to the run stopping D but maybe Dorsey can work his magic with FA.

Hope you guys don't get sick of me posting these. I enjoy the feedback and they keep me distracted when Im at work.

Round 1 Pick 22 (PITT): Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (B)
    Round 2 Pick 17: Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 28 (DAL): Tre' Jackson, OG, Florida State (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 23 (PITT): Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (B)
    Round 3 Pick 27 (DAL): Gerod Holliman, FS, Louisville (A)
    Round 3 Pick 30 (G.B.): Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 19: Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas (C-)
    Round 4 Pick 22 (PITT): Chucky Hunter, DT, TCU (D-)
    Round 4 Pick 30 (G.B.): Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma (F)
    Round 5 Pick 19 (BUF): Clayton Geathers, SS, UCF (C)
    Round 5 Pick 24 (PITT): Cam Thomas, CB, Western Kentucky (D+)
    Round 5 Pick 30 (G.B.): Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (D+)
    Round 6 Pick 17: Jake Ryan, OLB, Michigan (C)
    Round 6 Pick 30 (G.B.): Sam Arneson, TE, Wisconsin (F)
    Round 7 Pick 17 (BUF): Malcolm Agnew, RB, Southern Illinois (C)
    Round 7 Pick 24 (ARI): Shaquille Riddick, DE, West Virginia (C+)
    Round 7 Pick 27 (NYG): Trey DePriest, ILB, Alabama (C-)

This is my attempt at What I would do
    I traded back a few times to get more picks I know its just a pipe dream but this would be awesome.
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 01-29-2015 at 02:17 AM.

I like it. I really think trading back is our best option. Atleast once with a team around mid to late 20's. Then if Tampa or Tennessee is wanting to move back into the first I think we jump on that too. Stock piling picks for a huge 2nd round. Lots of players available then that could really help this team.

I like Strong or DGB at the top of the second. I also like in your draft getting Peters and Holliman. I would not at all be upset if we can add some picks if we took Strong/DGB early in the 2nd or late first. Rashad Greene/USC guy in the 2nd. and Lockett/Miami guy with comp pick or 4th rounder

So I am not a fan of trading back this year. I can understand the need to do so when you are limited to picks. We supposedly have 11 picks this year. Why is trading back your guys options here other than seeing someone you like not good enough to take where we pick. Do you really think all 17 picks acquired by trading back will make the team or are you just throwing darts at anything and hope one hits.

I would rather keep our First round pick if not Trade up if there is a concern we may not get a targeted guy. and I am saying the BPA not just a receiver, and then in the second round, definately trade up with one of our many picks to get that Receiver you all are trading back to get. There is less to give up and teams are usually more willing to trade here.

Just seems to me that you are trading away value for quantity. Quantity that most likley half will not make the team. I would rather take the Quantity that we have and increase the value to fill in the holes that have greater impact of helping this team sooner than later.

You can get quality with quatity without a doubt that is possible why have a 11 quality picks when you can get even more picks with just as much Quality

I understand what your saying about having so many picks. But the guys at 18 aren't much better than who will be there late first beginning of the 2nd. Cooper, White, and Parker are the only WR worth taking at 18. No OT blows me away there. If they are that good they will be gone before 18. I think the most value Is in the 2nd round this year. Multiple picks in the 2nd 3rd and 4th is what we need. Strong/DGB, Prewitt/ Matias, Greene would be an awesome 2nd round.

Round 1 Pick 26 (BALT): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 22 (DET): Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 25 (CAR): Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 16: Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 25 (CAR): Nelson Agholor, WR, Southern California (A)
    Round 3 Pick 26 (BALT): Doran Grant, CB, Ohio State (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 21 (CINN): Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (B)
    Round 4 Pick 25 (CAR): Gabe Wright, DT, Auburn (A)
    Round 4 Pick 26 (BALT): Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.) (D)
    Round 5 Pick 21 (CINN): Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (A)
    Round 6 Pick 5 (SEA): C.J. Uzomah, TE, Auburn (F)
    Round 6 Pick 18 (BUF): Justin Cox, FS, Mississippi State (F)
    Round 6 Pick 27 (DEN): Michael Dyer, RB, Louisville (E)
    Round 7 Pick 2 (N.E.): Shaquille Riddick, DE, West Virginia (D+)
    Round 7 Pick 7 (CHI): Adam Shead, OG, Oklahoma (D+)
    Round 7 Pick 28 (IND): Brandon Vitabile, C, Northwestern (C+)
    Round 7 Pick 30 (G.B.): Jermauria Rasco, DE, LSU (C-)
    Round 7 Pick 31 (ATL): Chucky Hunter, DT, TCU (C+)

I like this one too all good value here what do you think??

Round 1 Pick 28 (DEN): Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 22 (DET): Cody Prewitt, FS, Ole Miss (A)
    Round 2 Pick 26 (BALT): Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 27 (DEN): Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 30 (G.B.): John Miller, OG, Louisville (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 16: Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (C-)
    Round 3 Pick 30 (G.B.): Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson (D)
    Round 4 Pick 19: Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (B-)
    Round 4 Pick 30 (G.B.): Ellis McCarthy, DT, UCLA (A)
    Round 5 Pick 18: Corey Crawford, DE, Clemson (B)
    Round 5 Pick 30 (G.B.): Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas (C+)
    Round 6 Pick 17: JaCorey Shepherd, CB, Kansas (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 16: Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State (A)

This was by far the best mock I've come up with

Not a fan of trading back this year at all. Devante Parker, Jaelen Stong or Kevin White would all be good value when we pick and would fill a glaring need. What if we trade back and Beckham, Parker, Strong and White are all gone ? Could be disastrous especially as this draft seems to be top heavy with regards to receivers whereas last year there was a lot of depth.

I'm talking if we trade back 5 spots or less to gain an extra 2nd or 3rd. I firmly believe Devanta Parker and Kevin White will be gone before 18. Hopefully we can get Jalen Strong cause most of the tackles and guards worth taking will be gone also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast