Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another try at First Pick

Default Another try at First Pick

Traded back from 18 to Cinci for their 1st and 2nd round pick. Then back with Dallas for their 1st and 2nd.

Round 1 Pick 28 Dorial Green Beckham WR Oklahoma - creates matchup issues across the board for defenses and can stretch the field and open up space for the Offense.

Round 2 Pick 17 Cody Prewitt FS Ole Miss - Glad and surprised he fell. I hope that Berry can come back healthy but we have to prepare for the worst. I like Prewitt's versatility.

Round 2 Pick 21 OG Josue Matias OG Florida State - I like his burst off the ball and think that he can come in and potentially start at the very least provide depth and competition.

ROund 2 Pick 28 Rashad Greene WR Florida State - I like his top end speed and more importantly his NFL route tree. I think DGB spreading the field and Greene working underneath would be great for Smith.

Traded back with Denver in the 3rd picked up their 3rd and two 5ths.

Round 3 Pick Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma - I think he stays at RT with us and same as Matias can either start or provide depth and competition.

Round 4 Pick 19 Ronald Darby CB Florida State - 3rd seminole for the Chiefs but I think all are good. Not sure why Darby was still there I read he would be off the board in the first two rounds but ill take it.

Round 5 Pick 7 Mike Hull ILB Penn State - Good run stopper that would fit nicely next to DJ if he can come back
    healthy.

Round 5 Pick 18 Phillip Dorsett WR Miami - Speedster with a solid route tree that can help revamp this WR core. I picked him over Diggs because I think Dorsett has a better route tree.

Round 5 Pick 28 Sean Mannion QB Oregon State - think his intangibles will transfer well to the NFL worth taking a flyer with all the extra picks. Plus if he works out it was with a donkey pick.

Round 6 Pick 17 Brandon Ivory DT Alabama - provide depth and competition to the Dline

Round 7 Pick 16 Wes Saxton TE Northern Alabama - big athletic. can be a good project for Reid see if we can mold him into something.

I really like this draft for the Chiefs. Think we get 2 starting caliber opine. 3 viable targets for Smith. Plus a wild card in Sexton. Plus the secondary gets a big boost. Didn't add as much to the run stopping D but maybe Dorsey can work his magic with FA.

Hope you guys don't get sick of me posting these. I enjoy the feedback and they keep me distracted when Im at work.

What if Melivin Gordon is there. I know running back is not a sexy pick but many call this kid the next J. Charles and While Charles is still sum what young, he has a lot of miles on him and he played hurt a lot last year.

Also what about Safety. We could land a top safety with this pick. Eric Berry is most likely not going to be back this year. Do we want to keep Ron Parker back there? Landon Collins form Alabama is supposedly a pretty good prospect.

I mean I understand the need to think WR or Online needs to be looked at heavily but they are not our only holes. I still see create value at 18 instead of turning a blind eye to other postions because of a need for Oline or WR. We are building for the future not just this year. We have to keep in consideration the over all future of the team.

I think the Pats will take DGB. I think PArker, White, and Cooper will all be gone before we pick. I also agree that the WRs in this class are not as deep for the whole draft. But the top 3 round are very deep at WR. We need to have drafted atleast two in the first three round. This is where our comp pick in the 3rd Is very helpful. However, if we can add a couple more picks by moving back a few spots I think we should jump on. I think Strong/DGB will be there mid to late 20's. Its when Baltimore, New England, Denver come up that we need to be on the lookout for a WR coming off the board. You can probably throw Carolina In there too. Benjamin was good last year but he cant do it alone.

Yeah and just think Kelvin could have been ours hind sight is 20 20 I guess

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12