Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow

Default wow

Colts released S LaRon Landry and waived OL Xavier Nixon and LB Andrew Jackson

Whats the wow for. They cut a high dollar player who was suspended for P.E.D and didn't really play up to the contract they paid for him.

I'm just shocked that's all. I have never cared if they have used, they blow that out proportion way more than it needs to be

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    I'm just shocked that's all. I have never cared if they have used, they blow that out proportion way more than it needs to be
    I don't think the PED is the main reason why he was cut. The pretty mush over paid him. They did the same the Chiefs did and tried ot fill as many holes as they good with vertans are now in some cap issues. When over pay for a guy in the secondary, specifically a saftey that guy needs to perform or they are a cap casualty. I would bet he is a due a roster bonus 3/1 so they cut him before that bonus.

I believe Eric Berry would have been in this same situations if he was not on a medical absence. He is a big cap hit against the team and probably would have needed to restruture of be cut. Now, I have a feeling the Chiefs will be able to give him some sort of settlement for a medical leave or retirement and get out of a portion of his cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I believe Eric Berry would have been in this same situations if he was not on a medical absence. He is a big cap hit against the team and probably would have needed to restruture of be cut. Now, I have a feeling the Chiefs will be able to give him some sort of settlement for a medical leave or retirement and get out of a portion of his cap hit.
    Can you explain that to me a little bit? The whole Eric Berry situation has had me concerned for a while now. As we all know our Chiefs are DESPERATE for cap space and that makes the Berry situation a real problem. We don't want to cut him because he has been a great Chief and we hope he can come back like his old self, but at the same time his cap hit makes retaining a player who may not be able to play next season a REAL PROBLEM. In the last 2 years 2 of my old college friends have gone through chemo and I can say from knowing them that it takes a lot out of a man. Makes me believe he's very unlikely to be ready to play until at best late this season. Just seems to me that we shouldn't have our cap problem made worse because he got sick with a non-football long term illness.

Is there some way we can retain him but have his pay not count towards the cap if he can't play this season?

Appreciate any enlightenment you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Can you explain that to me a little bit? The whole Eric Berry situation has had me concerned for a while now. As we all know our Chiefs are DESPERATE for cap space and that makes the Berry situation a real problem. We don't want to cut him because he has been a great Chief and we hope he can come back like his old self, but at the same time his cap hit makes retaining a player who may not be able to play next season a REAL PROBLEM. In the last 2 years 2 of my old college friends have gone through chemo and I can say from knowing them that it takes a lot out of a man. Makes me believe he's very unlikely to be ready to play until at best late this season. Just seems to me that we shouldn't have our cap problem made worse because he got sick with a non-football long term illness.

Is there some way we can retain him but have his pay not count towards the cap if he can't play this season?

Appreciate any enlightenment you can provide.
    Here is something found when I was wondering about this a couple days ago. I hope it answers some of your questions.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...85970519,d.aWw

I would be very dissapointed with the chiefs if Berry was cut, I know you guys are gonna say its a buisiness and that if he is not playing he needs to be cut. I think morally you cannot cut him just by that standpoint and if they do they are liars and have no heart

I would be very dissapointed with the chiefs if Berry was cut, I know you guys are gonna say its a buisiness and that if he is not playing he needs to be cut. I think morally you cannot cut him just by that standpoint and if they do they are liars and have no heart
    I don't think ANY Chiefs fan wants to see Berry cut. Certainly not me. That said, we do need cap space and the NFL is a business. And Reid and Dorsey's job is to WIN.

If he is unlikely to be able to play this year the NFL needs to have a way for the Chiefs to retain rights to him without taking a cap hit this year.

There needs to be a mechanism whereby the Chiefs can give him the year off, still pay him at least his base salary and move the entire cost of keeping him "off-cap".

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Here is something found when I was wondering about this a couple days ago. I hope it answers some of your questions.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...85970519,d.aWw
    DAMMIT! Was unable to access the article.

I did find this http://arrowheadaddict.com/2015/01/1...ry-cap-number/ though
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 02-12-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Berry has been well compensated by the Chiefs. I'd like to think he'd be ok in that regard. If they cut him from the roster, it doesn't mean that the organization has jettison him off to oblivion. The relationship between the Chiefs and Berry could remain strong whether he's on the active roster or not.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast