Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: My Top Positions of Need

Default My Top Positions of Need

Top 6 Needs

1: WR
    2: RT
    3: Right Guard and Left Guard
    4: ILB
    5: CB- Sean Smith needs help and Phillip needs to play more, I've always been a believer in having 2 Corners
    6- DE- need 2 really one for Devito's spot and depth

These are in no particular order either

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    And if we get those WR, Alex HAS TO take those chances of letting his WR make the play. Dez and Megatron are not just great because they get separation, they're great because when the QB makes them go for the ball, they make the play.
    Yep I would agree with you 100% there.

I think it's in this thread but it's somewhere last week I posted that Alex has to be a bit more aggersive. I like that he isn't going to gamble a lot and risk a lot of turnovers but he can tend to play it to safe sometimes.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

I think it's in this thread but it's somewhere last week I posted that Alex has to be a bit more aggersive. I like that he isn't going to gamble a lot and risk a lot of turnovers but he can tend to play it to safe sometimes.
    I think he started that season with that mentality, but got burned by Avery's lack of ability that he (and likely Reid) pulled the reins back significantly. I do wish he had trusted Bowe a little more often in the redzone when he is covered.

And that is what infuriates me with him. 3rd and long, need to get that first, 2 yard dump for 1 yard. The one pass to Bowe in the endzone was bad placement (imo), you gotta throw high or away from the defender so he doesn't make a play (and he made the play). It's hard for someone who was fooled by the Cassel, Alex has some of the same tendency as him. In game that is all about throwing the ball down field because the DBs can barely cover anymore and the QB can only get about 200 yards is not good, but a win is a win but when a loss happens..........

Also i just want to say i support cutting bowe because of his contract, not because of his play.

Also i just want to say i support cutting bowe because of his contract, not because of his play.
    I would say that if his played was at the level of which his pay is many would be more willing to live with it.

Bowe has since he got to KC had times where you just don't know he's on the field. He just won't be a factor

Then there are times that he WOWS you. Like HOW DID HE CATCH THAT. He's a lot better then some on here want to give him credit for he's just highly inconsistent. IMO

The throw you mentioned pretty sure the Steelers game right? If so what got me is while yes the ball placement could have been better he's still made A LOT more tougher catches then that one even with a defender on him. I noted that at the time and gave the catch he made against the Colts for a TD a few years ago as an example. That throw was a bit overthrown and there was a defender there on that one to (he actually got called for PI) Yet Bowe WENT AND MADE THE PLAY. he could have done the same there but didn't. I've said before Bowe has GREAT talent in him. There's just something in him that stops him from being GREAT at times. He's dropped some real easy catches at times I just wish someone on the coaching staff could figure out what it is that is stopping him. But that's just my thoughts
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I would say that if his played was at the level of which his pay is many would be more willing to live with it.

Bowe has since he got to KC had times where you just don't know he's on the field. He just won't be a factor

Then there are times that he WOWS you. Like HOW DID HE CATCH THAT. He's a lot better then some on here want to give him credit for he's just highly inconsistent. IMO

The throw you mentioned pretty sure the Steelers game right? If so what got me is while yes the ball placement could have been better he's still made A LOT more tougher catches then that one even with a defender on him. I noted that at the time and gave the catch he made against the Colts for a TD a few years ago as an example. That throw was a bit overthrown and there was a defender there on that one to (he actually got called for PI) Yet Bowe WENT AND MADE THE PLAY. he could have done the same there but didn't. I've said before Bowe has GREAT talent in him. There's just something in him that stops him from being GREAT at times. He's dropped some real easy catches at times I just wish someone on the coaching staff could figure out what it is that is stopping him. But that's just my thoughts
    Isn't he considered a great blocking WR?

Isn't he considered a great blocking WR?
    I would say hes a great blocking WR yes. He's actually at times a huge help in the Running game
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I would say hes a great blocking WR yes. He's actually at times a huge help in the Running game
    That's another reason i kind of don't want him to go and hope he restructures, hard to find those types of WR

That's another reason i kind of don't want him to go and hope he restructures, hard to find those types of WR
    I agree

To be clear I'm not one in the Cut Bowe camp. I just think that he needs help at WR. Get anther WR that commands the respect of a defense and that might help Bowe out A LOT. That's all I really want them to do.

I think that they should try EVERYTHING possible to keep Bowe. But if he's not willing to rework his deal then I would have to say cutting him might be the best thing to do .
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Especially hard to find a rookie WR with that trait (its one reason I am really high on DAT, he went looking for people to block). A lot of rookies are trying to get noticed with receiving, and dont care much about doing the boring manual labor of blocking. One bonus to keeping Bowe (at preferably a lower salary) would be he could mentor the younger WRs in blocking technique and effort.