Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: My Top Positions of Need

Default My Top Positions of Need

Top 6 Needs

1: WR
    2: RT
    3: Right Guard and Left Guard
    4: ILB
    5: CB- Sean Smith needs help and Phillip needs to play more, I've always been a believer in having 2 Corners
    6- DE- need 2 really one for Devito's spot and depth

These are in no particular order either

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Who said I am an apologist.
    I did, because you're making the same argument that apologists continue to make. I didn't mean anything else by it. My apologies if you were offended.

You said that the Chiefs have bigger needs, and filling those needs would elevate Smith's game to a top 8 QB. That's not agreeing with me.

My position is this -- If Alex Smith is the QB, it doesn't matter what type of talent the Chiefs add, he's still going to be Alex Smith, and Andy Reid is still going to have to find ways to win despite a lower tier passing offense. They will still struggle with QB pressure/sacks and subpar prodution from the WRs. And we'll continue to argue about how his supporting cast is inadequate.

If your point is to say that this is their best or most likely approach to 2015, then fine ....., but that's not the point that I'm arguing against. Can the Chiefs still have a winning season and perhaps make the playoffs despite the same issues offensively? Sure they can. Again, that's not a point that I dispute.

It's not hatred of Alex Smith. It's just an honest observation of what he is as a QB, and the limitations that his level of play places on his supporting cast.

As for Aaron Murray, I've never been impressed with him as a pro prospect. I think he's just another afterthought of a QB like Ricky Stanzi to get folks hopes up.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 02-21-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Fact is, he wins and it is a team sport.
    Isn't that contradictory? If it's a team sport then he doesn't win, the TEAM wins. I know it's something that people tend to say about QBs, but it really doesn't fit in this case. Smith has just been fortunate the past 4 seasons to be on solid teams with good head coaches.

If there were any direct correlation to Smith and winning, then he would've been "winning" long before now. The passing offenses led by Smith the past 4 years have been ranked 29th, 23rd, 24th and 29th. Obviously his teams have won despite his production and not because of it.

I know that makes me a hater in the eyes of some, but whatever ........ it's just the facts.
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 02-21-2015 at 06:54 AM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    I did, because you're making the same argument that apologists continue to make. I didn't mean anything else by it. My apologies if you were offended.
    It's this type of stuff that makes me just laugh and have 0 sympathy when you complain about being labeled a hater.

Anyone who dares to hold anyone not named Alex Smith accountable is an apologists blind defender excuse maker ect. Ok if that's your opinion fine

Then don't whine when someone thinks that when you hold 1 person and 1 person alone accountable your a hater.

There's an old saying what's good for the goose is good for the gander
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Isn't that contradictory? If it's a team sport then he doesn't win, the TEAM wins. I know it's something that people tend to say about QBs, but it really doesn't fit in this case. Smith has just been fortunate the past 4 seasons to be on solid teams with good head coaches.

If there were any direct correlation to Smith and winning, then he would've been "winning" long before now. The passing offenses led by Smith the past 4 years have been ranked 29th, 23rd, 24th and 29th. Obviously his teams have won despite his production and not because of it.

I know that makes me a hater in the eyes of some, but whatever ........ it's just the facts.
    Isn't your stance contradictory?

You insist it's a team sport when talking about wins. Which I do happen to agree with. Part of my point has always been people get to fixed on the QB spot sometimes it's giving the QB way to much credit or in your case to much blame.

But yet you insist that it's one spot holding the offense back. Isn't offense part of the game of football which you pointed out is a TEAM sport?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I am big believer in taking the best player available. Drafting out of need is not how to go about the draft. Doresy gets that and so i hope that i dont have to read about how we needed a wideout, guard, etc etc etc....you take the bpa and if the draft works to your favor and the highest rated guy is also a team need...it makes your job as GM a heck of a lot easier

i think we need offensive line help, a safety and obviously a wide reciever

i think with all the extra picks we will have possibly 4. That would give us 11 picks and i would like us to trade up twice to get the player that could help us . The reason being is that this is not a deep draft at all. So many under classmen came out last year.

we could package our to late 3rd's and jump up to the top of the 3rd and then repeat in the fourth
    moving to the top of the 3rd and fourth rounds doesnt sound like much but in a weak draft class it is huge

I didn't realize Sean Smith contract is up next year we gotta deal with his sometime

[/B]Since 2000? Did you mean to type something else there?

yeah i meant 2000 and backwards.....wrote that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Anyone who dares to hold anyone not named Alex Smith accountable is an apologists blind defender excuse maker ect.
    There's a clear difference between holding others accountable and using others as an excuse to defend Smith. You just don't get it. Say it with me ....... "We're talking about Alex Smith."

No matter how many ways I try to get you to focus on the Alex Smith aspect of the Chiefs issues, you just can't do it.