Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WR at the combine

Default WR at the combine

Just some notes from watching these guys run and go through the gauntlet.

DGB- freak I won't cloud the post with my bias of wanting him on this team. But he looks good so far

Cooper- smooth, borderline lazy. I hate to say he is lazy but he is just so smooth at all his drills. Good for him with that level of ability.

Coates- Running through the gauntlet I don't see him having the ability to catch the ball on the first try. I hope we stay away from him.

Hardy- didn't run well, but catches the ball very naturally.

Dorsett- ran well, and catches the ball much better than i anticipated. I think he will rise up the boards.

Diggs- didn't run as well as i thought he would but really looked very smooth in the gauntlet.

Georgia WR - can't remember his name but Im becoming a fan of his. Ran very well and looked very smooth in the gauntlet.

Crowder- ran poorly, false started 3 times. Natural pass catcher though.

Greene - looks like a natural receiver, I'm excited to see his route running ability.

Angholor- very interested in him. I like his smoothness and pass catching ability. Shows a burst after the gauntlet
    that I really liked.

Funchess- surprised by him. ran a 4.7 both tries so he is probably headed the TE route, but pretty smooth for an athlete of his size. He will be a matchup nightmare. Still would rather stay away from him in the first round atleast.

Ill be interested to see Perriman White and Parker in the next round.

its not a deep draft...i would seriously consider trading our 2 3rd round picks to be able to move to the top of the 3rd and get some one who falls out of thr first 2 rounds

i like jalen strong or green beckham in the second round

We, o-line, CB, LB this draft is deep almost everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    There's a ton of talent still in the 3rd round if you have a good scouting team you can hit a 1st round talent that slips see Justin Houston. 3rd round picks can be huge for you and don't need to be flushed down the toilet and just easily parted with
    I agree, but we also need a WR who is ready to start out the gate. I don't think we can afford to take someone who needs to be taught how to run routes, get separation, etc. Additionally, you can't coach speed and explosiveness. Outside of the top two guys, I don't feel like the rest of the WR class is going to have the skills we need out the gate.

Generally, I'm very against trading up. However, I am open to it ths year since we will have so many comp picks. I open to trading our regular 3rd or even 2nd if it means getting someone who can contribute immediately. All the guys you and Dempsey listed took almost a full year before we considered them to be good pickups. I would love it if we had someone who can be a major contributor week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    its not a deep draft...i would seriously consider trading our 2 3rd round picks to be able to move to the top of the 3rd and get some one who falls out of thr first 2 rounds
    We only have 1 3rd rounder. The other 3rd we may get is a comp pick and cannot be traded.

I see no way Strong makes it to the Second
    I would like Nelson Agholor in the middle somewhere
    Last edited by Chiefs4life24; 02-21-2015 at 07:00 PM.

I forgot to mention Smith an Strong. Both are showing well. White is impressing. The dude is a man. I thought Coates looked pick in the first group but wow White is a freak. Catches the ball really natural too. I think he might be taking over Cooper for the top WR taken. The more i watch these WR's I'm excited that we will be able to get at least two solid contributors in the first 3 rounds. Our comp pick will be very beneficial with that.

Also Lockett is showing really well. Ran fast proved he can be a legit outside receiver and a slot man as well.
    Montgomery looked really really really smooth in the gauntlet, didn't see him run the 40.

Also curious how Perriman is doing. Didn't see him.

receivers I would love the Chiefs to get. Outside of Cooper, White, and Parker who I think will be gone.

DGB or Strong in the first. Funchess, Smith, Dorsett, Angholor, Greene, Lockett, Montgomery, 2nd-3rd rounds.

Can you imagine if we got Strong and Agholor

DGB and Angholor/Greene and Lockett :)

Strong, Green and Agholor would be a freakin nightmare

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast