Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which position will upset you at 18?

Default Which position will upset you at 18?

Its well documented that our WR core didn't have a TD. So WR is the obvious need. However the oline needs help, our secondary could use a bolster, as well as a MLB. Also with the number of effective pass rushers in this draft you can never not consider an edge rusher.

WR
    OG
    OT
    S
    CB
    ILB
    Edge Rusher

Which ones are unacceptable in your opinion?

Anything but wide receiver, I've made my opinions clear in past posts on how highly I rate Jaelen Strong and I would love him to be a chief and no I don't think 18th overall is a reach at all. We can't go through another season with a mis fit, low budget wide receiver corp.

Maybe I could see the merit in an offensive lineman but with the receivers on offer there are no excuses for not taking one early. I don't like Dorsey/Reid preaching about only taking the BPA, what if that is yet another pass rusher ? If you have him for example rated 3 spots higher than the receiver you really want surely then position need must come into play.

I'd definitely be questioning things if they took a kicker or punter. Can see them taking an RB or NT (depth/projects in the later rounds) if they're BPA at that time. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if they drafted another QB in the later rounds (again, BPA) because of Murray & Reid's statement that he'd draft one every year if he could. Right now I see our main needs as WR, OG/T/C, CB,S, ILB

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    No I don't mind other opinions at all, but I don't like someone that is so dogged about something that no matter what the thread is about hijacks it and refuses to listen to anyone else about it, refuses to offer any solutions to the problem even when asked what should be done and treats everyone as a dunce.
    From what i see, he only hijacks the thread when you guys bring it up. If you let him say his thing and then ignore his comment and not quote reply it and not even bug with (if he even does it) his reply to your lone comments. Give it a shot, i'm sure it'll be better.

Problem is if we dont trade up for a wr then we will be reaching for one at 18. I think we draft safety at 18

I was amazed how fluid Trae Wayne's, Landon Collins and Ronald Darby was in the combine if they did go that route in the draft I wouldn't complain

Waynes is really growing on me. I love his length and athleticism. If one of the top WR's isn't available. I think he is our guy. I had a mock yesterday with him and I loved it. Check it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12