Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith

Default Alex Smith

He catches a lot of heat on this board and on 810. People say he sucks he is worthless not a good QB doesn't throw the deep ball all these things. My take is that Smith is a very serviceable QB. He is by no means a Brady, Brees, Rodgers type of QB. But he is also by no means a Geno Smith, Jake Locker, Rams QB (whoever it might be that week), Hoyer.

We did not win the lottery with the Smith trade, but It wasn't a bad trade. Smith needs help around him. We knew that when we traded for him. We have just done a poor job of adding talent aroun him. If Smith was on the Seahawks right now and we had taken Wilson instead of Stephenson they would be a similar team and our opinion of Wilson would be very different.

Without giving Smith time and options we cant expect much fromhim. We have a solid D and a good run game . Get playmakers on offense and oline and our perception of Smith will change

I do believe there was a several passes Alex couldn't have thrown it any better it hit em right in their damn hands and they dropped it. On them throws I can't blame Alex for that. On another note he and the receivers need way better timing and trust

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    That is such an immature comment!!!! So you are saying the defense is at fault for Alex Smiths fumble late in the 4th quarter??? It was THAT turnover that the Colts scored the winning TD. Or the reason the Chiefs were denied 3 times from the 2 yard line on their second drive??? Or the intentional grounding on the second to last play??? Or the badly missed pass early in the 4 quarter, to Cyrus Clay that would have been a sure touch down???

It was a team loss. Without the defense playing very well in the first half the chiefs would never have scored the points they did because 20 of those points came from turnovers that the defense got. All 4 turnovers were in Colts territory. 2 in fg range. The offense played very well too, but like the defense not perfect.

The fourth quarter is where the entire team, coaches included crapped!!! But yes, Alex Smith played the best game I ever saw him play but he still helped the team loose. So did many other starters.
    Thanks for calling me immature. My gray hair begs to differ, but maybe I really am only as old as I feel. :)

If you think that loss is on Smith or the offense then you're certainly entitled to your opinion and I won't argue since we will never change each other's minds.

But just out of curiosity....can you really tell me that an offense that scores 44 points in a playoff game didn't do their job pretty damned well and that a Defense that allowed 45 points didn't pretty damned well stink the joint up?

89 points in a PLAYOFF GAME. BOTH Defenses stunk the joint up. Our's just stunk it up worse.

The 4th quarter turnovers should have meant a crap. We'd already won the game and statistically that's a fact. No team has EVER performed a more complete collapse. And untimately that's on the Defense that couldn't keep the Colts under 44 points.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 02-23-2015 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thanks for calling me immature. My gray hair begs to differ, but maybe I really am only as old as I feel. :)

If you think that loss is on Smith or the offense then you're certainly entitled to your opinion and I won't argue since we will never change each other's minds.

But just out of curiosity....can you really tell me that an offense that scores 44 points in a playoff game didn't do their job pretty damned well and that a Defense that allowed 45 points didn't pretty damned well stink the joint up?

89 points in a PLAYOFF GAME. BOTH Defenses stunk the joint up. Our's just stunk it up worse.
    I DONT give this loss to Smith and the offense, any more then I give it to the defense. I clearly said it was a team loss!! you were the one saying its "100 percent the defenses fault"

I merely said that the offense wouldn't even been in the game without the turnovers our defense forced.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post

The 4th quarter turnovers should have meant a crap. We'd already won the game and statistically that's a fact. No team has EVER performed a more complete collapse. And untimately that's on the Defense that couldn't keep the Colts under 44 points.
    So what you are saying is, that if an offense scores 44 points, 20 off turnovers, they can turn the ball over and quit. If they loose its the defenses fault?

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Like I said, I don't think Alex lost us any games. Of course he is a upgrade from Cassel!

I didn't take anything you said in that post, out of contact! You clearly gave Smith ALL the credit for those wins. This team is waaay better Then the team Cassel was on. The qb position isn't the biggest upgrade, it would be the coaching staff.

Now who is saying "stupid and sarcastic things"
    I agree with this

In 2012 I took heat when I would respond to people who thought we were a QB away. Romeo was far more to blame for that joke of a season then Cassel. That coaching staff couldn't make an adjustment to save there life.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

IMO he is a top ten QB in this league do doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    IMO he is a top ten QB in this league do doubt.
    Brady
    Rodgers
    P Manning
    Brees
    Big Ben
    Luck
    Rivers
    Wilson
    E Manning
    Romo
    Flacco
    Ryan
    Newton
    Stafford

He is not better than the above.

He is in a group of average QB's with the likes Dalton, Kaep, Cutler and Palmer.

Dalton is considered the most average QB in the league, "the Dalton Line" if your QB is above him, you don't have to worry too much about QB, if your QB is below him, you better start getting someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    Brady
    Rodgers
    P Manning
    Brees
    Big Ben
    Luck
    Rivers
    Wilson
    E Manning
    Romo
    Flacco
    Ryan
    Newton
    Stafford

He is in a group of average QB's with the likes Dalton, Kaep, Cutler and Palmer.
    Personally I think he is top 15. Much better than Dalton, Kaep, and Cutler IMO, but I may be biased by being a Chiefs fan. I think he can be better than some of the guys on your list with better playcalling and performance by his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis_Chiefs View Post
    Brady
    Rodgers
    P Manning
    Brees
    Big Ben
    Luck
    Rivers
    Wilson
    E Manning
    Romo
    Flacco
    Ryan
    Newton
    Stafford

Is that in any order? I know wilson has has been back to back superbowls but its not cuz of him. I benefits greatly from his defense and lynch. Not saying hes bad but i think he will struggle when he has no running game and has to carry the team. I think smith could do just as well in wilsons situation. Wilson to me is in the 12 to 18th range. Its funny cuz they saod hes going to be the highest qb deal and i dont think hes worth that. He benefits feom his team than more than any other player in the league. Just my opinion

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast