Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randall Cobb

Default Randall Cobb

Well the Raiders are expected to make a full push for Randall. If and IF Green Bay let's him go we at least need to offer cause it would suck to have him go to The Faiders

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Well the Raiders are expected to make a full push for Randall. If and IF Green Bay let's him go we at least need to offer cause it would suck to have him go to The Faiders
    Where is the cap space to make him an offer going to come from?

Any WR that plays with the Top A-Level QBs (Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning) scare me in FA

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Any WR that plays with the Top A-Level QBs (Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning) scare me in FA
    This exactly. Id rather have an "above average" WR from an average QB (say Flacco, Rapelistberger, Rivers, etc, etc) or a bad QB (Cutler, Browns, whoever is QB in Buffalo, whoever is the last man standing in Az, etc). If you can standout with an average or bad QB, then you are truly a good WR. Hence why I am not 100% opposed to kicking the tires on a Brandon Marshall if the price is right. Marshall is clearly a talented WR. I wonder what he would do with a better QB than Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Me too. Draft a WR in round 1. We don't have the cap room to spend on any big time free agents that aren't already with the Chiefs.

I personnaly think everyone is wrong at how they look at this. It scares we that he could go to someone in the division. You should always at least bring them in, whether they sign them or not, at least pull them enough so they don't sign with a division rival

I personnaly think everyone is wrong at how they look at this. It scares we that he could go to someone in the division. You should always at least bring them in, whether they sign them or not, at least pull them enough so they don't sign with a division rival
    No arguments. Nothing wrong with talking to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    No arguments. Nothing wrong with talking to him.
    You make them over pay for him is the best way to go. Just run up the price.

Having him come talk to us will not make a lick of difference of whether he signs with the Raiders or any other division foe. Even having a "verbal agreement" to a contract isnt going to stop a division rival from meeting with someone and signing them (i.e. Emmanuel Sanders and the Donkeys).

If he is willing to come and visit that fine. However, he is said to want ~$10 million. I dont think he is worth $10 million. My post was more to state that I think the value of WRs coming from elite QB systems is overinflated, while WRs coming from bad QBs are undervalued. Cobb is going to be very sought after and is going to get a big payday unless he is willing to take a pay cut to play with us.

I meant no disrespect guys. I apologize

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast