Thread: We are all working men here, right???

Default We are all working men here, right???

As I get older and (wiser), even though I appreciate the sport of football...

Do you all see yourselves debating whether or not a player is worth 1 million or 13 million?

How about we all drop the sport, and enter politics. At least the money would be distributed evenly ROFL...

But do you see my point?

As you work to build infrastructure to your country for mere pennies on the dollars,

these guys get millions for chasing an underinflated ball!!!
    Originally from Tonganoxie, KS.

Happily married in Australia!!

NickheadKCAU...

You make a fine point! But I was in politics for 8 year back in the '80s and I did a few things that a Special Prosecutor said weren't quite kosher....some nonsense about violating the Boland Amendmant, Conspiracy to do same, Violating the Neutrality Act, Conspiracy to do same, Defrauding the IRS, Conspiracy to do same.....yada, yada, yada. So I CAN'T go into politics. Besides, it's hard for a working stiff to have any fun. Chiefs football gives me that fun. Sport is the opiate of the masses.

I'd join you in Australia except your gun laws suck.
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 02-28-2015 at 06:45 AM.

Players in the top leagues in sport are paid obscene amounts but as long as the NFL keeps generating the money it does the players are going to get their ever increasing sizeable cut.

It seems to be much more accepted in American sports if a player signs for a team purely on the money he is going to be paid, we in England hate it and a player gets ridiculed if he goes somewhere where it is blatantly for the money and nothing else.

I greatly enjoy a wide variety of sports with football, baseball and American football being the main three, the top premier league footballers make more in one week that the average person makes in 5 years, we know this is the case but we still watch anyway. Of course they should get a very good wage but the money they are paid now is ridiculous and obscene. I'm using the premier league as an example again, they have just signed a £5.16 Billion ($7.87 Billion) TV deal with sky sports, I can guarantee the fans will see no benefit from this. The clubs will make more, sky tv subscription prices will sky rocket, the player's wages will increase but the fans will be charged ever increasing ticket prices.
    Last edited by Lewis_Chiefs; 02-28-2015 at 07:13 AM.

...Moved to the Locker Room.