Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Houston

Default Justin Houston

Arrowhead pride says Houston could command 2 draft picks. Would you guys be able to stand you're ground and keep a player if someone offered 2 first round picks for someone

2 first rounder this year?

Some one in the first 10 maybe, someone in the last 10 no way.

One this year and one next year. I don't know I could resist that if I had a player that could get me that many picks. Then I could use the first for next and trade to load up on 2nd and 3rd rounds this year

They could use the restricted FA tag on him. Basically that means any other team can offer him a contract, and we have the opportunity to beat it. If he picks their contract, then we get their first this year and first next year. It's an interesting question.

You would have two firsts this year. Maybe low enough to grab one of the top 3 WRs. You keep Hali and Bowe. Start Ford and Hali at OLB. Grab a really good G/T with the other first. Next year you have two firsts to use for anything, and would have a lot of cap space for FAs.

interesting thought.
    Last edited by jap1; 02-28-2015 at 08:56 PM.

it would be a very intriguing proposition

With the contract he will command and our current cap situation I wouldn't be against the idea personally.

depends on the team too, not overly interested in the #25 pick, but top ten pick this year and the next, hmmm
    rather get him signed personally

Thank God I am not Dorsey!!! But if I could get a First Round this year and a First Round next year (meaning we would have 2 years in a row with 2 First Round picks--4 total in 2 years) for Houston I'd probably be on it like a duck on a June bug. It might set our progress back a bit, but I think Sutton could minimize the damage and with that extra first round pick this year we might be able to improve the Offense enough this year to make up for any downturn in the Defense.

Give me maybe #15 and #18 this year plus #22 and #26 next year (or maybe better)....I don't see how I could turn that down.

As far as I am concerned, that would be Prime Rib on a plate! Serve it up and give me a knife!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Thank God I am not Dorsey!!! But if I could get a First Round this year and a First Round next year (meaning we would have 2 years in a row with 2 First Round picks--4 total in 2 years) for Houston I'd probably be on it like a duck on a June bug. It might set our progress back a bit, but I think Sutton could minimize the damage and with that extra first round pick this year we might be able to improve the Offense enough this year to make up for any downturn in the Defense.

Give me maybe #15 and #18 this year plus #22 and #26 next year (or maybe better)....I don't see how I could turn that down.

As far as I am concerned, that would be Prime Rib on a plate! Serve it up and give me a knife!
    The other question is whether there is a team with the cap space AND a huge need for a pass rusher that they would be willing to give up so much.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast