Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Justin Houston

Default Justin Houston

Arrowhead pride says Houston could command 2 draft picks. Would you guys be able to stand you're ground and keep a player if someone offered 2 first round picks for someone

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I think so many folks on here are counting their chicks before they are hatched. We have not traded Justin Smith. I see it highly unlikely that any team will give us two first round picks for him and have to sign him to a 5 year,65 million dollar contract with 30 plus million guaranteed. Its one thing to give two first rounder picks for an underpaid player, but Houstin won't be underpaid and wont be cheap. He deserves to be the highest paid player in his position. I would be pissed if the Chiefs gave up two first rounders for any franchised player other then a proven qb. Losing two first rounders and paying that kind of money could hurt team for years. I would think only a gm on the hot seat would go for a deal like that.

One can dream though, right?
    That's the point. Houston and cap space are big problems right now. Somebody else signing him to an offer sheet would be real nice right about now.

Found this gem on bleacher report my god these contract disputes turn grown *** men into big babies

Kansas City Chiefs elected to use the non-exclusive tag on linebacker Justin Houston.
    Another team can attempt to sign Houston to an offer sheet and if the Chiefs choose not to match, they would collect a pair of first-round picks.
    Florio writes:
    'Per a league source, Houston intends to aggressively pursue an offer sheet from another team, targeting teams that would be giving up a low first-round pick in 2015 and, most likely, a low first-round pick in 2016. Houston also intends to continue to pursue an offer sheet after the draft, when the compensation necessarily will become a first-round pick in 2016 and 2017.'

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Found this gem on bleacher report my god these contract disputes turn grown *** men into big babies

Kansas City Chiefs elected to use the non-exclusive tag on linebacker Justin Houston.
    Another team can attempt to sign Houston to an offer sheet and if the Chiefs choose not to match, they would collect a pair of first-round picks.
    Florio writes:
    'Per a league source, Houston intends to aggressively pursue an offer sheet from another team, targeting teams that would be giving up a low first-round pick in 2015 and, most likely, a low first-round pick in 2016. Houston also intends to continue to pursue an offer sheet after the draft, when the compensation necessarily will become a first-round pick in 2016 and 2017.'
    I'd take bleacher report with a grain of salt...Houston can get miffed all wants, bottom line is the Chiefs don't have the money.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Just seems like he has his feelings hurt and is being a baby. Their isnt one of us fan or coach that wants to see him leave we just don't have it. Why do these guys get butt hurt over contracts???

Just seems like he has his feelings hurt and is being a baby. Their isnt one of us fan or coach that wants to see him leave we just don't have it. Why do these guys get butt hurt over contracts???

Let's say in your field of work you have been producing great numbers/outcomes for your business, the company says "no we're not upping your pay" but another company is willing to, what do you do?

Also a contract to a NFL player is great in case they get hurt, if you're hurt during a Tagged year, your contract number could drop hard. It's all business and i'm fine with houston wanting more money.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Let's say in your field of work you have been producing great numbers/outcomes for your business, the company says "no we're not upping your pay" but another company is willing to, what do you do?

Also a contract to a NFL player is great in case they get hurt, if you're hurt during a Tagged year, your contract number could drop hard. It's all business and i'm fine with houston wanting more money.
    Quite true. But what I think people are getting upset about is the notion that Houston is going to deliberately try to do harm to the Chiefs.

Houstin has lots of reason to be upset with the Chiefs. He was a third round pick who is way underpaid going into last season. He had no guarantee of a paycheck over minimum wage. He deserved to have his contract scrapped and completely redone last year as a reward for his hard work. Instead the chiefs showed huge disrespect to him and instead gave Bowe and Alex Smith the big contracts. Both proved to be way overpaid. Mean while Houstin is the best player on the team. Drawing league minimum. Or just about minimum.

I don't blame him. The Chiefs front office screwed up by signing Smith long term instead of Houstin. Smiths stock has fallen and Houstin couldn't be higher.

And I may add, Houstin was a class act about it and did not let his feelings get in the way of how he played.
    Last edited by 70 chiefsfan70; 03-05-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Maybe I'm foolish but I've learned money isn't the most important thing in life. My wife and I daughter was born 17 months ago and I can't think of anything I love more than my family. Money will always be second to me

Maybe I'm foolish but I've learned money isn't the most important thing in life. My wife and I daughter was born 17 months ago and I can't think of anything I love more than my family. Money will always be second to me
    Yeah Family is most important to me, and when someone offers me more money or i think i deserve more money, i'm taking it so i can take care of my family.

Or you trying to say Houston should look at a football team as family and take a pay cut? KC should of signed Houston earlier so his stock wouldn't of gone up (and he was coming off injury!), they gambled and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Quite true. But what I think people are getting upset about is the notion that Houston is going to deliberately try to do harm to the Chiefs.
    THIS. The guy earned his big payday, but unfortunately he's on a team that has no cap space. I've got no qualm with him getting a bigger payday from another team, if huge $$'s is what he's after, more power to him.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast