Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This keeps getting better and better

Default This keeps getting better and better

Adam Teicher reports the Chiefs have to comply with the cap by March 10th also Houston's 13.2 million counts towards the cap # whether he signs or not 😢

Ouch to say the least

Were around 7 million over the cap with the tag. Give or take.

7 and change right now and still need roughly 6.5 for Houston's tag regardless if he signs or not. So they will still have to pay the tag whether he signs it or not basically a waste of a tag for now. Remember the 7 now and still have to cut more to find 6.5 million to go with the tag

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Adam Teicher reports the Chiefs have to comply with the cap by March 10th also Houston's 13.2 million counts towards the cap # whether he signs or not 
    The other shoe is about to drop. The next week should be interesting.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

I think this is why they put the restricted tag on Houston. Doing that essentially put Houston up for auction with an asking price of 2 first round picks. I suspect Dorsey is sitting by the phone hoping it will ring with offers. If we don't unload Houston we will have to release some players none of us will be happy to see go.

I just hope Dorsey is half as smart as I think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I think this is why they put the restricted tag on Houston. Doing that essentially put Houston up for auction with an asking price of 2 first round picks. I suspect Dorsey is sitting by the phone hoping it will ring with offers. If we don't unload Houston we will have to release some players none of us will be happy to see go.

I just hope Dorsey is half as smart as I think he is.
    Your crazy. Houston isnt going no where. He might let him negotiate with other teams to see what his value is and to use thatas basis for a new contract with the chiefs. No way chiefs let him go. Hes a cornerstone that you build off of.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Your crazy. Houston isnt going no where. He might let him negotiate with other teams to see what his value is and to use thatas basis for a new contract with the chiefs. No way chiefs let him go. Hes a cornerstone that you build off of.
    I'm not so sure. I remember people didn't think that the Chiefs would let Jared Allen get away and look what happened. By the way, the Chiefs did get Branden Albert and Jamaal Charles out of that deal. Of course you never know how the draft picks will turn out, but would you take that for Houston right now?

In many ways it makes sense to trade Houston for two 1st rounders. I like Houston, but I'm not sure he's a franchise type of player. That said, Houston MUST cash in now because his market value will NEVER be higher. This is why the 2 sides are so far apart, and why trading him is more probable than I think you're giving credit for.

This is what made the Dee Ford pick a rational decision -- would be upcoming contract situations with both Hali and Houston. The Chiefs now have options and aren't stuck in a bind where the player(s) has all of the leverage. Without Ford, what type of predicament would the Chiefs be in right now with Houston and/or Hali?
    Last edited by Stevie Ray; 03-03-2015 at 01:02 AM.
    [U][I][B][COLOR=#383838][FONT=Verdana]Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Ray View Post
    I'm not so sure. I remember people didn't think that the Chiefs would let Jared Allen get away and look what happened. By the way, the Chiefs did get Branden Albert and Jamaal Charles out of that deal. Of course you never know how the draft picks will turn out, but would you take that for Houston right now?

In many ways it makes sense to trade Houston for two 1st rounders. I like Houston, but I'm not sure he's a franchise type of player. That said, Houston MUST cash in now because his market value will NEVER be higher. This is why the 2 sides are so far apart, and why trading him is more probable than I think you're giving credit for.

This is what made the Dee Ford pick a rational decision -- would be upcoming contract situations with both Hali and Houston. The Chiefs now have options and aren't stuck in a bind where the player(s) has all of the leverage. Without Ford, what type of predicament would the Chiefs be in right now with Houston and/or Hali?
    Yeah i have to admit it is possible. It would be the cheaper route and cap friendly way to go. It could help us in the long run but if we do it than 2e better make the picks count. Also hope ots with a team that is higher in the draft and not at the bottom of the round.

I just thought of something if it was in the top 5 this year we could possibly get Amari Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast