Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning Return????

Default Peyton Manning Return????

Broncos are reportedly ready to move on from Peyton if he won't accept a big pay cut

Good, because we never beat a P Manning lead Broncos team

Bad, because we won't have the chance to beat a P Manning lead Broncos Team

At this point, I am just worried about our own Cap Issues, I could care less about horse Faces problems maintaining Mr Potatoe Forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    Broncos are reportedly ready to move on from Peyton if he won't accept a big pay cut
    Have a link to the article source? Can't see Peyton walking away from a bundle of cash, pizza franchises and Buicks.

ESPN is reporting they are close to a deal that Manning would take a 4 million dollar paycut and come back
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Do I sence some discontent with both side apparently he is a little pissed off about even being asked to take a pay cut

With the Denver Broncos needing money to upgrade their roster or retain their free agents, Peyton Manning is reportedly willing to accept a reduced salary next season.****

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Jeff Legwold, Manning's restructured deal will pay him $15 million in 2015:

In the full report from Mortensen and Legwold on ESPN.com, negotiations between Manning and the Broncos started after a February 12 meeting, moving "at a deliberate pace."

Mike Klis of The Denver Post revealed Manning was initially asked to take an even bigger pay cut, and Klis suggested Manning was "irked" by the situation. *The report added: "Manning, who will turn 39 on March 24, is expected to be at Broncos headquarters Thursday to take his physical exam and sign his restructured contract."

The report also included a quote from Manning dating back to before the Super Bowl, when he said he wanted to see how he fits into the changes and "how does Coach (Gary) Kubiak see me possibly fitting in with him and his team."

Despite the pay cut, Manning can still make up the $4M in incentives, per Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.*

Manning's salary has been the source of much debate this offseason.

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported in the video embedded below that the Broncos were "ready to move on if they have to" if Manning didn't come to an agreement on a reduced salary.*

Even though a pay cut may not be Manning's ideal solution, Joel Corry of CBS Sports wrote in February the future Hall of Fame quarterback is certainly not lacking for money:

Manning is in the best position financially of any NFL player to take a big pay cut. He has made $228.714 million from his NFL player contracts during his 17 NFL seasons. This is almost $75 million more than the $154,029,500 Brady has earned in 15 NFL seasons.

Keep in mind that doesn't even include all of Manning's endorsements, which you know are everywhere if you've watched 12 minutes of television any time in the last several months.*

The Broncos need to find money to pay wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, who had the franchise tag placed on him Monday, and possibly tight end Julius Thomas.*

Manning may not have finished the season well with a four-interception game against the*Cincinnati Bengals and pedestrian performance against the*Indianapolis Colts in the divisional round, but he still finished the year with 4,727 yards and 39 touchdowns.*

Given the market for quarterbacks and those 2014 numbers, Manning's $15 million salary for 2015 looks like a bargain.***

With the Broncos still hovering around the Super Bowl picture, paying Manning a hefty salary is something *John Elway is more than willing to do in pursuit of glory.

TY for posting that, C4L.

I still can't figure out who is more greedy Peyton or Elway haha

Bring the noodle arm on .2015 is the chiefs year

I wouldn't be too worried about manning this year his decline is imminent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast