Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Dee Ford a mistake?

Default Was Dee Ford a mistake?

Kelvin Benjamin - 6'5" 57 catches for 824 yds 8 TD's - taken 5 spots after Ford.
    Joel Bitonio - 852 snaps for Cleveland at left guard. PFF grade +21 - taken 12 spots after Ford.
    Jordan Matthews - 54 catches 686 yds and 7 TD's - taken 19 spots after Ford.
    Dee Ford - 4 tackles.
    Just saying - NOT HAPPY with the Dorsey/Reid regimes' 1st round picks with Fisher and Ford.
    TOTAL FAIL.

What say you?
    SHUT IT

To ealry to tell with Dee Ford as far as Fisher goes that boy needs to get on it 3rd year now he should have it down by now. If he doesn't I will be looking for a replacement if I was Dorsey

Sounds to me like they love guys whose names start with the letter F.

Hind sight is 20 20. But you are also not comparing apples to apples. Ford was drafted more for this year then he was for last year. He didn't start nor was he expected to. We had Hali and Houstin and it wouldn't make any sense to sit these to future hall of fame guys. There were time though, when Ford looked lost. That being said I was disappointed when they announced Fords name.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Sounds to me like they love guys whose names start with the letter F.

Hind sight is 20 20. But you are also not comparing apples to apples. Ford was drafted more for this year then he was for last year. He didn't start nor was he expected to. We had Hali and Houstin and it wouldn't make any sense to sit these to future hall of fame guys. There were time though, when Ford looked lost. That being said I was disappointed when they announced Fords name.
    Thats my point. We already had Hali and Houston. What we didn't have were NFL caliber receivers or O-linemen. Dorsey screwed up our 1st rd pick not just once, but twice in his 1st 2 years here (IMO). Something seems askew. Maybe overhaul the scouting dept. Something.
    SHUT IT

Yeah but you can never be sure what the best move in the draft is, we could have the best scouting team. I strongly believe the draft is a guessing game more than anything

I thought the pick was a mistake last year. Right now I think it was a good choice. I think we will see Ford across from either Hali or Houston. I also think Ford will be a 10sack/yr pass rusher at least. My question comes in his pass coverage ability and run stuffing.

I don't thnk Fisher was a bad choice. That was a horrible draft, and there weren't many other people thought to be worth a top 5 pick. Also, consider the fact that it was his first draft which means he only had a couple months to go over the scouting info the chiefs scouts had collected. A lot of the scouting happens during the regular season.

hindsight is 20/20. That having been said, I'm not saying Dorsey is great, but I'm waiting til the season to judge his drafting.

OK how many more bungled 1st rd picks has to occur before hindsight isn't 20/20?

I will wait to see how this year plays out. So far I am not happy with his performance last year. He did start to show some good pressure the last couple of games last year. Hopefully one year in the books helps slow down the game to the point he does not run away from ball carriers.

Dude, Ford wasn't even playing in his natural spot. He was an OLB at Auburn and was on the bench in KC, wait til they move him there

/s

It's ironic that everyone thought he was drafted to replace Hali....Now it looks like he'll be replacing Houston...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast