Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Roger Goodell will help the NFL?

Default Do you think Roger Goodell will help the NFL?

If this thing in London works out, will the NFL expand?

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Any exposure that the NFL can get overseas is a good thing.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

I am sorry but I think it is ridiculous that they are trying to have games overseas before they expand the league to Canada. Not just because I am Canadian, but look at the travel time that will be put in by the fins and the midgets. Can u imagine that on a regular basis?? Canada is closer, the market is there and the beer is better!! Football in London....bah!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    If this thing in London works out, will the NFL expand?

those that mean a team in london? oh geez!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I am sorry but I think it is ridiculous that they are trying to have games overseas before they expand the league to Canada. Not just because I am Canadian, but look at the travel time that will be put in by the fins and the midgets. Can u imagine that on a regular basis?? Canada is closer, the market is there and the beer is better!! Football in London....bah!!!
    Agreed. Stay in North America if we expand. NFL europa folded didn't it?
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Agreed. Stay in North America if we expand. NFL europa folded didn't it?
    I think it folded because the NFL now knows it has a market and will provide better football, but not as much so when the Londoners go to a game it will probably cost big $$$. I say that if the NFL wants to play overseas, then the season should be lengthened and every team given two bye weeks, the second being the week before the teams overseas game.

If the NFL wants to expand and have more teams in the league then we should go to an 18 or 19 game schedule with 2 bye weeks. Add two more wild card teams to the playoffs and give all division winners a first round bye in the playoffs.

If the NFL wants to take a game away from the home crowd then we as the fans who made this league possible should be compensated with more football!!

Besides...the CFL plays 19 games!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think it folded because the NFL now knows it has a market and will provide better football, but not as much so when the Londoners go to a game it will probably cost big $$$. I say that if the NFL wants to play overseas, then the season should be lengthened and every team given two bye weeks, the second being the week before the teams overseas game.

If the NFL wants to expand and have more teams in the league then we should go to an 18 or 19 game schedule with 2 bye weeks. Add two more wild card teams to the playoffs and give all division winners a first round bye in the playoffs.

If the NFL wants to take a game away from the home crowd then we as the fans who made this league possible should be compensated with more football!!

Besides...the CFL plays 19 games!!
    More Chiefs Football????? I am all for it.

Good suggestions btw.

I think that the success of the CFL may be keeping us out of there. But I certainly don't dislike the concept of trying to generate more interest in the game, overseas. Although I think the ideal would be to get them interested enough to start their own league. I believe that Germany is very fond of our game. Perhaps they could be the sparkplug in the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think that the success of the CFL may be keeping us out of there. But I certainly don't dislike the concept of trying to generate more interest in the game, overseas. Although I think the ideal would be to get them interested enough to start their own league. I believe that Germany is very fond of our game. Perhaps they could be the sparkplug in the idea.
    Maybe that is why Herm wants the game there...his mom or his dad was German too!?!

btw...that was the closest I will ever come to a post of the month so if anyone wants to give me a sympathy t shirt for being dumb, I am OK with that!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast