Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FA S Tyvon Branch

Default FA S Tyvon Branch

He has a visit scheduled for the Chiefs

Reports are Tyvon Branch signed with the Chiefs with a 1 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    Reports are Tyvon Branch signed with the Chiefs with a 1 year deal
    1 year up to $4M. $2M base with up to $2M bonuses. With it being that cheap, I wish we would have gotten him for a few more years with an easy option to cut him if he doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    1 year up to $4M. $2M base with up to $2M bonuses. With it being that cheap, I wish we would have gotten him for a few more years with an easy option to cut him if he doesn't work out.
    I am sure he is looking at a one year deal just to look for the bigger contract next year after he proves himself. Actually his base of 2 million was higher than I was expecting but I guess with the lack of options for safeties this year, it is not to high.

He is one of the best safeties in the league when healthy he has just got some bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs4life24 View Post
    He is one of the best safeties in the league when healthy he has just got some bad luck
    Oakland franchised him just a few years ago. If he stays healthy he could be good longterm wise.

Branch Details is are in, 1 year deal; 2.1 million, $ 200,000 Bonus, $ 870,000 Salary, $30,000 workout bonus, $62,500 a game active roster bonus

Looks like a nice hole plugger to me. With his past injuries we got him cheap. If he stays healthy and has a great year we're going to have the cap space next year to try to resign him.

Everybody is talking about our cap space next year. Am I missing something? Isn't Poe up next year. Isn't Houston up again next year? What do you guys know that I don't?

I'm not really sure any of us knows much of anything about our cap space next year, but there have been several reports around the net stating that we are going to have HUGE amounts of cap space in 2016 and 2017. I think the numbers were something like $60 and $70 million respectively. Wish I could attach a link, but I can't remember where I saw these reports. Have to do some work now for a few hours. If nobody has posted a link by then I'll hunt one up and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    Everybody is talking about our cap space next year. Am I missing something? Isn't Poe up next year. Isn't Houston up again next year? What do you guys know that I don't?
    Probably a lot of our dead money will be gone by then.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast