Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't be a Bandwagon fan!

Default Don't be a Bandwagon fan!

Guys, losses suck. No surprise there. But the over reaction to wins and loses this year seems to be insane.

Not just with the Chiefs, but with every team. I listen to NFL radio on Sirius so much that it even makes me sick. Every week I listen to people jump on and off the bandwagons of teams across the NFL.

Earlier this year, people were calling Denver one of Mike Shanahan's best teams. Their defense was thought to be one of the best in the NFL, they had all kinds of running backs. Yesterday, they lost to SD in embarrasing fashion giving up 40+ points. So much for that heralded defense. Not to mentioned the QB and RB problems they have now. Boy, have moods changed there.

I remember people basting Bill Parcells and the Cowboys after the Giants loss. The season was OVER. The Cowboy faithful had thrown in the towel. The O-line couldn't protect anyone. The defense was swiss cheese, the offense couldn't hang on to the ball. T.O. was a piece of crap. This was Bill Parcell's last season. Parcells had lost his touch and couldn't relate with todays players. Now here we are. Up until yesterday, people were listing them as the best team in the NFC and possibly the NFL.

If I had the energy I could say the same things about Pittsburgh. Started high, then low, then beat the Chiefs, then low. Now their playing well.

Could we say the same about Jacksonville? Cincinnatti? Carolina? New York Jets? 49ers? Atlanta? Seattle?

Now critics are talking about Indianapolis???

Here's my point. Everyone's pissed when the Chiefs lose. But if the Chiefs had won yesterday, then these boards would have been full of people talking about the Superbowl bound Chiefs. Instead, we are talking about firing everyone and starting over. This was one game against a 10-3 team that has a very good shot of winning the Superbowl. Nobody would have circled that game as a definite win at the beginning of the season.

I hope we win out and make the playoffs, but if not, I won't be pointing to the Baltimore game as the reason. I didn't think the Chiefs were the better team heading into that game and I still don't. But, that doesn't mean the Chiefs can't beat the Ravens on any given Sunday.

And that's why I hope the Chiefs run the table and make the Playoffs. It's one game.

Default Re: Don't be a Bandwagon fan!

Yesterdays news of Lamar's passing has given this artical added meaning.

Thanks Admin!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i`ll always be a chiefs fan but they make it harder each year. thanks queen carl!

wolfpack wrote:
    i`ll always be a chiefs fan but they make it harder each year. thanks queen carl!
    Yup! Carl has NEVER in his 17 years as GM fielded a complete team; NEVER!

Chiefster wrote:
    wolfpack wrote:
    Yup! Carl has NEVER in his 17 years as GM fielded a complete team; NEVER!
    Maybe he needs to Matriculate, (grin)

GO CHIEFS :hammer: The Raiders!!

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

...out of town!

admin wrote:

I believe! Do you?
    Do you believe now? Wow. what a finish to the regular season!

admin wrote:
    admin wrote:

I believe! Do you?
    Do you believe now? Wow. what a finish to the regular season!
    Eating crow has never tasted so sweet! :pint:

Crow, Turkey, Ham, doesn't matter, I glad we are in the Playoffs. Getting back to the subject, Does anyone know how many wheels a Bandwagon Fan has? (grin)

GO CHIEFS :hammer: Indy!!

8-) :pint:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Look how old this thread is!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Look how old this thread is!!
    You get the "Dust off the old thread" award for the week. Well done!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast