Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WR Jeremy Maclin too sign with the Chiefs

Default WR Jeremy Maclin too sign with the Chiefs

The Chiefs have agreed to terms on a deal with wide receiver Jeremy Maclin, reports Chris Mortensen of ESPN (via Twitter). Maclin will reunite with his former coach Andy Reid and join a team that did not complete a touchdown pass to a wide receiver last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Might be something like that. I've read a lot of reports suggesting that next year and the year after we are going to have lots of cap room.

Yeah I have read that too. I hope its correct. I hate feeling this strapped for cash. Of course we have Poe to think about then.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Bowe alone is not freeing up enough cash for Maclin. Unless he plays cheap this year and gets a huge guarantee next year.
    Bowe being cut as a 6/1 designations saves the team 11 million. Yes it is enough for Maclin.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Bowe being cut as a 6/1 designations saves the team 11 million. Yes it is enough for Maclin.
    I was under the impression that releasing him post 6/1, his salary would still count against he cap till then. We have to be under the cap by tomorrow, 3/ 10. Of course Maclins money wont show till after then anyway.

Strong will be gone by the raiders pick if not to the raiders

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I was under the impression that releasing him post 6/1, his salary would still count against he cap till then. We have to be under the cap by tomorrow, 3/ 10. Of course Maclins money wont show till after then anyway.
    They can cut bowe now with 6-1 designation and the cap will take in afffect now as it was 6-1 i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    They can cut bowe now with 6-1 designation and the cap will take in afffect now as it was 6-1 i believe.
    I thought so too. This was something the players requested with the last CBA so that the player could get out in FA before all the budget were tied up.

I am starting to think the Eric Berry situation has had some resolve either by cap relieve from medical leave or he is also on the 6/1 list. I believe he is another 8 million towards the cap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123