Thread: Poe next year

Default Poe next year

I know we are still finding ways to put together a team and stay under the cap for this year, but one has to wonder about the future of Poe. Supposedly Miami worked out a deal with Suh worth 114 Million dollars over 6 years, setting a new pay scale for Poe. Personally I think Poe is better. I could see the chiefs picking Danny Shelton from Washington, with their first pick if he is available, this guy is a beast! I expect they draft OL otherwise.

I see Poe being franchised next year unless we draft his replacement this year.

Poe? What do you think the Suh Contract did for contract talks with Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Poe? What do you think the Suh Contract did for contract talks with Houston.
    Its apples vs oranges. They play two very different positions. I don't see it making much difference as either way I think Houstin is a well Chief in 2015. I don't think he will hold out. Last year he had more reason to and it would have hurt him less.

We still need too extend Sean Smith this year

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Its apples vs oranges. They play two very different positions. I don't see it making much difference as either way I think Houstin is a well Chief in 2015. I don't think he will hold out. Last year he had more reason to and it would have hurt him less.
    Who would you rather have Suh or Houston? I can tell you Houston will use this contract to his benefit.

Suh is a nose tackle, and nose tackles make more money then outside linebackers. however sue is the highest paid nose tackle and I'm sure Houston will be the highest paid outside linebacker If and when he gets his contract.

Regardless I think Poe is a must retain player. if we can keep him and houston together for the next 5 years I would be happy. Unless either of these guys get the I got paid time to get lazy attitude. That would be a very nice defensive foundation