Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What adding Maclin does to our draft outlook

Default What adding Maclin does to our draft outlook

I think receiver is still a huge need, we need someone opposite of him to scare defensed so he isn't doubled every play. However, I now feel that we can go any number of routes with the first pick. Earlier in the process I was sold on trading back, then with receivers moving up draft boards I didn't think that was our best play anymore. Now I do feel it is in our best interest again to move back to the late first round. Maybe with Baltimore looking to get a WR, maybe Detroit moving up to get a DT. Add a few extra high picks and get a couple o lineman, some secondary help, and another couple receivers in the first 5 rounds. I'm excited that we are making moves. Intersted to see what the contract looks like for Maclin

Quote Originally Posted by bill444 View Post
    there are several OL that have college experience at center that look pretty good---rds 4-7. they may be listed as tackle or guard ,but......
    That is great to hear. I did not have time to watch the combine and I am have just seen the ratings Todd McShay has given to the Centers, and Erving is a 90 and the next highest is a 65. So I surely hope that there are more guys that can play Center but are listed as other positions like you say. That would give us much more flexibility in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I say stay where we are, or move up to get a starting Center, Guard, ILB or Safety with our first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    After losing Hudson, we may be looking to pick Cameron Erving from FSU with our first. That is assuming her is still there when we pick. He is heads and shoulders the best center in the draft, and the center position is very weak this year.
    If we pick a center in the 1st I'll break something valuable. Guards and centers can be picked up all over the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenchief View Post
    If we pick a center in the 1st I'll break something valuable. Guards and centers can be picked up all over the draft.
    Just don't break something of mine valueable. Yes I know they are picked all over the draft, and they never make it on our team. Hudson was a 2nd, as we Tim Grunhardt, probably two of the best 2nd round picks the Chiefs have ever made. The rest of the crap on our team called depth were later round picks. This drart is supposedly full of Receivers. Take them in the later rounds.

I still saw we go wr with our 1st pick and if not then definitely in the 2nd. Then 2nd and 3rd we go oline. I dont wana keep seeing pressure up the middle before smith even has a chance to throw. We will get allen back but not sure how much promise he has. Kush im afraid is to undersized and wlnt be able to handle tje big nose tackles.

If we pick a center in the first....he'd better be the incredible hulk. Just because we signed Maclin that doesn't mean we've solved our problems at WR. I agree with Frankenchief, good centers and guards can be found in later rounds, which is where our extra draft picks kick in.

Their was a kid they interviewed at a pro day I can't remember his name he is 320 lbs and did 28 reps at 225 lbs

Just put Poe as a Center. Justify paying him double for playing both sides :)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Just put Poe as a Center. Justify paying him double for playing both sides :)
    LOL,

Poe gets more than enough snaps on the D side. Plus we need him there to punish Hudson twice a year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12